Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir Alex To Stay On

• 30-09-2003 2:27pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

FERGIE FOR 20-YEAR STRETCH?

Sir Alex Ferguson could make it 20 years as Manchester United manager as the club admit they are in in talks about a contract extension to take him beyond 2005.

Ferguson took over at Old Trafford in 1986 and had announced his intention to retire in 2002 - before agreeing a new three-year deal that expires at the end of next season.

And now it seems that he will stay even longer, with the club confirming that they want to extend his contract further on the day that they announced an increase in pre-tax profits.

New chief executive David Gill said: "We would like Sir Alex to continue and Sir Alex would like to continue so we are holding discussions and I'm sure they will come to a positive conclusion."

Ferguson has been the most successful manager of the modern era of football - winning eight league titles and the European Cup during his tenure at the club.

The club's signings in the summer gave the clearest early indication that Ferguson was going to stay on beyond his current contract.

The Red Devils boss has brought in young players, lowering the squad's average age, and is now primed to stay on and mould them into the next generation of United winners.

Good news, more years of chewing gum, stop watches and mind games

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

woop dee doo Basel.

I'm keeping my excitement bottled up inside...really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a few more years of seeing bully boy every week then? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

He's mellowed a bit lately, I'd rather see someone like Gordon Strachan in there carrying on the hair dryer tradition. Still it should be interesting to see AFs reaction when Ronaldo starts to get a media career ala Beckham...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

wrigleys wont be closing down then:)

Advertisement