Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

machine playing .wavs chipmunk style

• 30-09-2003 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,
    I first noticed this when i updated BF1942 The gunshots sounds no longer had any low end oomph to them. I thought they just changed this in the update.
    But recently I saved some of my cd collection to my hard drive and When I played back some of the albums one or two of the tracks would play back at exactly twice the proper speed. I figure this must be what is happening with the gunshot .wavs aswell.
    I use a Tascam US428 external sound card/mixer and have never had this problem before.
    Details:
    Win xp pro
    p4 2.0gig
    1gig ram twinmos
    Abit bg7 mobo
    Geforce 4 ti4200
    Tascam us428 (usb)

Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

It's a driver problem... uninstall your sound drivers, install the latest DirectX (9b) then reinstall your sound drivers on top of that.

Advertisement