Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Laptops next week, u gettin' one?

• 30-09-2003 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Apparently they r on offer next week, have been told they come with a combo CD\DVD Writer, can anyone confirm/deny this?

Also people who bought them in the past how have they been problems wise? A good buy yes/no? Would appreciate your thoughts as I am seriously considering this baby.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

any ideas of spec/price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Price is €1500, same as last time I think and the spec is pretty much d same as well excpet there may be a DVD burner in there this time. GFX card may be a better model, would love to see the flyer for myself. Somone on here found a link to the website of the ppl that make them but I can't find it.....yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

When do Lidl get their stock in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

http://www.lidl.ie/uc.nsf/pages/main.index
    Gives message under construction but

www.lidl.co.uk has no mention of laptops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Look here :)
    PS I'm sure you'll make sence of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

I reckon the graphics card is a Geforce FX 5200, as it says it's a DX9 card and I don't think the FX 5650 comes with a 64meg option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I dont think that these are going to be available.
    Greenmans link shows that they are on regional offer (Northern Holland). They're not on the German or English sites. If they were on offer here, they would be in the weekly flyer which surely one of us has seen??

As a matter of interest, is this that good of a deal? I think its ok but its not amazing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

its a good deal, but it would be allot better if they kept there dvd burner and knocked afew hundread off the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by madmoe
    Guys,
    Apparently they r on offer next week, have been told they come with a combo CD\DVD Writer, can anyone confirm/deny this?

They aint on offer next week (Oct 6th). I have the leaflet for next week, it is a digital camera and 64KB memory cards.

We tend to be a week or so behind the mainland in this regard.

(by mainland, I of course main the european mainland, and not any other western european off-shore islands).

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Lads

im in france and have a few lidls in the area so ill check out what the situation is there - just out of interest!!! - not to say i woulf not mind a nice little laptop!

L8r

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭omathuna

I bought a Lidl Laptop about 18 months ago. 1400 MHz etc.

I have been very happy with its performance. I use it to rip DVD's to DIVX and them play the DIVX from the Hard disk. My kids love long car journeys as they watch the latest movies.

Some problems.
    The Combo Torisan can not be made region free so I can not watch my region 1 collection.

My kids dropped the Laptop and damaged the power plug and socket. Eventually I had to return the Laptop to Germany to get it repaired. This proved to be a nightmare. It took 2 weeks to get the machine to Germany. Then they said it was not covered under waranty as the damage was accidental. So its was return it and I pay the transport costs or fix it and I pay the costs. It cost E150 to fix it and 6 weeks to get it back.

In summary it is like Ryanair, the product is cheap but if you have problems you will pay the extra to get it working. If you do not have problems than you are a winner. You trade support and customer service for a low cost item, but then that is the trend now-a-days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

@omathuna

Thanx for the feedbak buddy, good to hear of your experience with it!! Any more ppl got their views to add??

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

yeah but u probably saved three or four hundred quid when u bought it!!!

so even with the repair u still saved 2 to 3 hundred!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had the leaflet and I'm nearly sure it's available on Thursday 9th. It's on a seperate leaflet to the one that contains the clothes and stuff. Though it's mentioned in the top right corner of the leaflet.

I cannot remember the full specs of it as I left the leaflet behind me, but I can get it later and post full specs. I had thought that it had 17" screen though after reading the Dutch link above, I must have been imagining things. I do know that it uses an Athlon 2500+ XP processor, includes combo 2.4x DVD writer, etc.

I'll post more features when I reclaim the leaflet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

wolfman done a scan of this in the Bargains section

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118163

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah that saves me the bother then! :)

I would assume it's good value then. Not sure about the 1 year pick up guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

CPU could be a bit faster for the money too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

one year pickup guarantee is real but and this is a big but it isn't worth a crap if you don't have the original packaging as the machine has to be returned to Germany to be fixed and will not be insured for the travel without the original packing

Advertisement