Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Music Forum

Options
  • 30-09-2003 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Once again I am imploring the powers that be to create a Classical Music forum.

From what I can see, there is no other forum under which the discussion of classical music, concerts, opera, classical CD reviews etc. would reasonably belong.

With the relase last Friday of the Bartoli/ Salieri album, and her forthcoming concert on Oct. 11th in the NCH, and for a million other reasons, we need this forum. Please!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Absolutely!!! i definitely think this is needed- in fact i seem to remember asking for this before, and tried to gague interest, but it kind of fizzled after a while....

but yeah, definitely i'd be very interested!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

it would be really nice,

but well it needs to be classical with a lower case c ;)

very few places where you can infact discuss which is better the orginal duet for piano of Picture at an exibition or the orchestarted verison by Ravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

it's a nice idea, but would there be enough traffic to warrent it? personally i like classical music and further yet I like classical music mixed with rock, Apocalyptica for example. It would be nice to see and if it does go through i'll be a regular visitor.

So in otherwords I back the idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I too heartily endorse this product, although I would also be uncertain as to the volume of traffic it might generate being justifiable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Whats wrong with the existing music forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I'll back the idea too, I can't really find anywhere to talk about stuff like this:

http://www.mostlymodern.ie/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Approved.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement