Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project Ideas

• 30-09-2003 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I've to hand in a page with what I want to do in my project by 9am tommorow!

HELP gimme some ideas, something web-based...and it has to somehow connect 2 technologies i.e send sms, email, print etc

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Your project supervisor will glady help you with ideas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

when u get an email it sms u?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Yeh moon I was thinking something along that line...but I've no idea where to start, and I'm not sure just how much help the supervisors will give us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Call up to the nerdy house!!I am sure they will have lotsa ideas,

I have no idea what u know and are interested in so cant really suggest anything,

Bluetooth,Ir theres lots more options
    Linux and windows beos
    can thtink of other stuff

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Create a system that will connect to a satalite in space that has the capabilities of making someone close to you combust and there blood will splatter in such a way it will tell you you have new mail.
    or you could just devise a page that allowes you to check e-mail from awaywhere, like www.mail2web.com except its is wml compatable (wap) and can pick up on the browser in question (html or wml ) and send the user a page informing them of their e-mails.
    Not as hard as you would think, you would just need great hosting options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Anyone any ideas for me?

I've to design somethin usin 3D design software. Has to be engineering related. Can be pretty much anythin after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Why not do a 3d version of tetris/tetrinet that has multiplayer (network) capabilities. Lots of algorithms which means lots of fun!! Fun while you code, what next!!

The possibilites of cool stuff u can do is endless!!

A robot!!!
    A self making coffee maker!!
    cimfortable work chairs!
    Games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Don1
    Anyone any ideas for me?

I've to design somethin usin 3D design software. Has to be engineering related. Can be pretty much anythin after that.

Engineering? How about something to do with placing supplies (boxes, crates, etc) in a large store room?

Logistics are an NB part of todays market/ military.

Look up KBR. its Kellog, Boon, ans something begining with R. Its the civilain contactor for the US Army.
    Try to make a system that takes care of the logistics of such a company.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

design the perfect hammer, not quite engineering realted but god i wish someone apart from companies like eastwing would make a comfortable hammer.

On an engineering related topic, design a chuck for a lathe,
    design a soldering iron that allows good tight soldering,
    a cd storage system like a spindle that stores mass amounts of cd's.

thats about it for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

the self-making coffee, the self-making coffee, For the love of GOD - THE SELF-MAKING COFFEE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Could try desinging a workin version of Homer's auto-hammer!!!!

But seriously I'm gonna design a load of location devices (used to line pieces up for identical drilling positions etc.) and test em on the laptop, then make a an auotmatic presentaion of the tests being carried out to be displayed on the big screen. Works like a PowerPoint slideshow only it moves the objects around on screen in full 3D exactly like you asked them too. Pretty kewl.

Advertisement