Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live - scam?

• 30-09-2003 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

i got an xbox saturday just gone and bought xbox live the same day for 50 quid.

I configured it to my network, got it up and running, then i entered my MS ID number which gives you '12 months of gaming'

After i entered that, i was then prompted for credit card details and a billing address... incase i want to use it for another 1 year..

does anyone know of a way around this? WTF can some 16 year old(im not 16) who wants to play his new xbox online use a credit card which he doesnt have?

Does anyone here have xbox live? How did you do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

at the moment you need a cc , i borrowed the brothers card and used that no problem.

there will be other ways of getting onto live , scratch cards and some live games will have 2 months free xbox live access , but when that will be available i don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think it should be free..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I thin kit should be something other than broadband only :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

the connection is to england. They are releasing it in november in the hope that there will be more people using Broadband.

90% of console retailers have the xbox software and hardware, but they are not allowed to sell it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Darth Ratilis

Dawm double postin ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Darth Ratilis

Just borrow a CC, you dont accually need it for any thing other than validation.

you can renew your account with subs codes.

PS once you get it working you'll never be off the bleadin' thing.

See you on L!VE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It said on the box credti card required. Should've read it first!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i should have read it first? true, big mistake not to... but they advertise it as 'buy the live package and play online' not, 'buy it, throw in your CC details, then you can paly online for 12 months and then we start takin from your CC'

Also, another thing that really piss' me off, you need to by a dvd kit to watch dvds? cmon like...

microsoft are really milking it ***

The credit card thing is to make repayment easier. Plus everything is standardised unlike the ps2 network. They said the main reason for the credit card beside renewal of subscription was to secure Gamertags.

Now about the DVD remote, that can be a pain in ass but considering that you need to buy sony's remote to get proper features of dvd playback then its not bad. Plus you need nearly a whole card store the DVD software update for the sony remote which leads to buy another memory card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by red_ice

Also, another thing that really piss' me off, you need to by a dvd kit to watch dvds? cmon like...

microsoft are really milking it ***

Do you research man. Its essentially the same as the PS2 setup. MS get the profits from the remote. If you wanted DVD playback it would have cost you more to buy the Xbox because of the codec costs.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's worth pointing out that any PS2 you buy as of today (at the new lower price) comes bundled with a remote, built in IR receiver, dolby 5.1 decoder and better DVD playback quality...

Originally posted by Shinji
    It's worth pointing out that any PS2 you buy as of today (at the new lower price) comes bundled with a remote, built in IR receiver, dolby 5.1 decoder and better DVD playback quality...

True, but that wasn't always the case. Anyway you still need a memery card. They both have their accessories that you have to pay extra for. They have sell these things separate to keep console cost down. Maybe now that sony are bundling the remote with their console, MS might do the same. Atleast Nintendo bundle memory cards with their consoles.

Advertisement