Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Price Drop

Options
  • 30-09-2003 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by smiaras
    Theer was a lot of talk on the boards about the GC price drop but that has failed to materialise so far.
    erm, the gc is us$99 now afaik.
    the price drop should reach here soon.

i haven't looked at the price of a ps2 recently, but i somehow doubt they're going to drop it to below €100.

gamecube > winnar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

heard a price of 190 for ps2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Price has set at £130, which equates to approximetly €180.
    There is also a limited silver edition at £150 (€210 approx.). These PS2s include new features like a built in infra-red port and better DVD playback quality.

On Nintendo - give them a chance, the US price-drop to $99 only happened five days ago. Nintendo Europe are currently in the process of implementing it over here, likely at £70 (€100) as well as a rumoured Gamecube/Mario Kart: DD pack at £100 (€140 approx.). As far as I'm concerned, this is a steal - and its a bold move on Nintendo's part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Sony are dropping the price and launching the latest hardware version. All new PS2's will have built in IR recievers for the DVD remote and better DVD playback. Better PS2. If I could get a decent price for my current PS2 I might me tempted to get the new silver version, it even comes with two silver pads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

You have to love console wars, except when you've forked out for them all when they were at high prices.
    Goddam! Can I get my money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Hmmm, price drop? Really?

You'd never guess it. :rolleyes:

I've gone to Golden Discs, Game, and Xtravision. They STILL have it for sale (the console alone) for €269.

Is Ireland not included in this price drop or something? I wanna buy one of the new PS2's without the firewire port.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,765 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I was in Game and Virgin at lunch .
    Standard PS2 is now €199.99 ,Silver edition is €229.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

pre-drop they were selling for €269 with the 'eye-toy'

post drop they're €199, plus you can get the eye toy for €50.

A reduction of €20 overall.....

only reason I'd buy one is the eye toy for my daughter....the console is still horrendously over priced

• Registered Users Posts: 14,765 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes the PS2 is overpriced considering you have to buy a memory card seperately.
    Its much cheaper in the States .
    Basically the Gamecube will soon be 100 euro ,XBox 150 euro and the PS2 199 euro.
    The PS2 is the most expensive, yet least powerful of the 3.
    Fools no doubt will still buy it.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    Price has set at £130, which equates to approximetly €180

Converting it today is "185.107 EUR", however the SCE Ireland RRP is €199.99.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by uzami
    only reason I'd buy one is the eye toy for my daughter....the console is still horrendously over priced

PC's are horrendously over priced, consoles are horrendously subsidised to gain software sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dixons (gasp!) have the PS2 for €199 with the eyetoy and one other game (which I can't remember).

For 3 days only, apparently...

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Originally posted by monument
    PC's are horrendously over priced, consoles are horrendously subsidised to gain software sales.

Believe it or not even at $99 and €99 Nintendo still makes a profit on the hardware, and has done since launch.

Nintendo may have lost touch with todays gamers, but they still know how to make a profit.

Advertisement