Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have i been completely stupid?

• 30-09-2003 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, another advice thread...
    I met this guy about 2 weeks ago at a grading. went to the bar with him afterwards and had one of these really long conversations that just usually doesnt happen with a guy you've just met. hit it off there and then. turns out hes in the same faculty as me in college but a year behind. Anyways, met up with him again last night after training, much alcohol was consumed and... well ya know the rest.
    Met up with him again this morning and he was being so sweet. wanting to act all couply and all of that. arranged then to go to the bar after training today. waited bout 45mins for him and he never turned up. Now im wondering is this accidental on his part or have i been a complete and utter ****wit and been used... and i gotta see this guy in college every day now. arrgh.
    What do you reckon?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Jesus, I'd say give the guy a chance. Did he have your phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by silly
    Okay, another advice thread...
    I met this guy about 2 weeks ago at a grading. went to the bar with him afterwards and had one of these really long conversations that just usually doesnt happen with a guy you've just met. hit it off there and then. turns out hes in the same faculty as me in college but a year behind. Anyways, met up with him again last night after training, much alcohol was consumed and... well ya know the rest.
    Met up with him again this morning and he was being so sweet. wanting to act all couply and all of that. arranged then to go to the bar after training today. waited bout 45mins for him and he never turned up. Now im wondering is this accidental on his part or have i been a complete and utter ****wit and been used... and i gotta see this guy in college every day now. arrgh.
    What do you reckon?

You don't go to Trinity and his names' not Shane, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Jumping to conclusions is always dangerous. He may have had an unavoidable reason for not meeting you, and may be feeling exactly the same pangs of doubt as to whether he should approach you or not. The only thing to do is make contact with him - at least you will know then, either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Clearly he's a psychopath.

I'd buy a gun... sit alone in my cold barren room... on a wodden chair... naked, babbeling incoherently to myself (maybe drooling.... whilst speaking to Jesus)..... waiting for 'the day'..... (if I was you).

Way I hear it.... 'tis armageddon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Typedef
    Clearly he's a psychopath.

I'd buy a gun... sit alone in my cold barren room... on a wodden chair... naked, babbeling incoherently to myself (maybe drooling.... whilst speaking to Jesus)..... waiting for 'the day'..... (if I was you).

Way I hear it.... 'tis armageddon.....

funnniest post ive read here all week, but i cant say much cause the government are bugging my milk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    but i cant say much cause the government are bugging my milk

not to mention the fact that I'm watching you at all times...
    :D

anyways,
    ms. silly, I wouldn't worry too much yet, why not just have a chat next time you see him and see how the land lies
    if you get the cold shoulder, well, at least for next time, you have learned to find out which faculty the bloke is in before shagging him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey silly, don't worry about it.Any girl that hops in the sack as quick as you won't have any trouble finding another guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

wait until you see him at training and see how he reacts to you. He might have a valid reason for not turning up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

And change your posting style if you want to remain anon.

I don't get you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You should find him and say "I am soo sorry about the other night. I wasn't able to make it and I tried to contact you".

See what he does. Always fun to mess with other peoples heads when they have been a tosser to you.

If he cared he would of made an attempt to talk to you.

Tell him you might be pregnant.. that's always good for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Hobbes

Tell him you might be pregnant.. that's always good for a laugh.

Do you use that line often?

.logic.

Originally posted by logic1
    Do you use that line often?

.logic.

I have something to tell you logic.. it might be yours. :p

The guy sounds like a twat, why not fuk with his head for being a dick? If he wanted to dump her there were a number of ways he could of done it which didn't require her standing around for 45 minutes ("I will call you" springs to mind).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by jack99
    Hey silly, don't worry about it.Any girl that hops in the sack as quick as you won't have any trouble finding another guy.

i love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

"I will call you" springs to mind.

Lol The Chandler Special.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by smiaras
    Welcome to dumpsville population you

PS. I am gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i also love it

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Quoted for emphasis.

I love it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Seems you need to chat with him first and give him a chance to tell you why he didn't make it. But if he had your number and sisn't call to tell you he wasnt going to make it then you have been shafted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by DriftingRain
    then you have been shafted!

literally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

I think you were being silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

so silly, are you goin to tell us what happened since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Actually I am. i was talking to him again today, and he wasnt saying much bout what happened between us, just talking more like he did the first time i met him, really funny and easy to talk to. think there was something there though, i did catch him giving the eye a few times and he was talking bout meeting up at the bar tomorrow or wednesday. maybe all is not lost...

Stand him up if he does make a date.

Seriously, he doesn't give a toss except that your an easy lay.

If he cares he will actually bother to find out where you are. He didn't the first time, so I doubt he will the second time unless he actually bothered his ass to show up and there is nothing on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I agree.

If he stood you up and has made no effort to mention the incident then he just sees you as an option for sex.

Your call but I'd go for an option that includes dignity.

Screw dignity!! :D

Invite him to an expensive resturant. Tell him you won the lotto or something. Get a great meal then mention your going to the toilet and leave the place.

Of course ensure that you don't accidently trap yourself by leaving your jacket in his car or at the table.

Then act like nothing happened the following day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Screw dignity!! :D

Have you got dignity's number?

Advertisement