Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would this count as op abuse?

Options
  • 19-06-1999 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

about a week ago, i said something to an op jokingly, that certain op took it the wrong way and kicked me, fair enough

tonight i went onto irc, that op abused me and i retaliated, nothing much happened.
    then in quake.uk i was arguing with some english person when that op abused me in quake.uk, i then told that op to **** off and that op kicked and banned me in quake.ie, even though i had done absolutely nothing in quake.ie

yah?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

right damo
    im this op u havent mentioned
    and heres what acutally hapened

on june 7th (logs) damo announced in #qauek.ie that ldc were back together
    someone asked (jokinginly) if they could join and damo had a laff with them saying oh u need to do this and that and the other..
    funny...ya twas actually
    then i asked if i could join
    slann said jokingly which was staed as a joke...that LDC were sexist and didnt want women...
    then damo turns around and says this........

[23:58] <[LDC]Damian> here adra
    [23:58] <[LDC]Damian> slaan might not have been serious
    [23:58] <[LDC]Damian> but i am
    [23:59] <[LDC]Damian> **** RIGHT OFF

so that was that day anyways...but i dont see where the joke is considering he said he was serious....am i missing soemhting in life like or does im serious actually mean im messing????

TONITE:
    yes damo cam e in to #quake.ie and i hadnt seen him since then so i said....
    <adra|gone> hehehe no
    <adra|gone> hey damo!
    [23:00] <damo> hi
    [23:00] <bubbles> suds has a thing for ducks aparently
    <adra|gone> hows it going u chavunistic pig!
    [23:00] <damo> hah

he laffed that was that
    then he joined #quake.uk and started slagging ppl there off...
    ppl that i no and have known for ages
    he got his facts wrong about something and i said..
    this coming from the guy who thought spiders ate ****roaches
    just an ordinary comment
    damo if u can give smart comments to everyone and expect to get away with it then at least be able to accept them back
    ONE smart comment i made and then HE started insulting me

Damo will u please give the coreects reconstructions of what happened instead of making them up to make u look like a victim please
    u were not the perosn who got insulted more than once

me and damo had a private discussing in which he couldnt figure out why when he says hes serious about something that i took it that he was serious and not joking as he claims he was...yes even tho he said he was serious

i did not abuse u i called u a chavunistic pig because of the abuse u gave me b4....and i did not abuse u in #qauke.uk i made a smart comment
    which it seems u can give but not take so u abused me two or three times

look lads this is between me and damo....it was not abuse of ops it was damo overreacting over something i said...and it shoud not be posted here
    the reson i replied with the whole story is that damo would have mentioned me later and dragged my name thru the mud as he played victim...as he was not
    im clearing this up agin its between me and damo
    i never did anything to damo b4 he made that sexist comment where he stated that he was serious ...in fact i helped him out by sending him 32megs of ram absoluely free coz he needed it and this was the thanks i got for that..
    damo stop trying to play victim
    u started all this, so do not go off saying i abuse my ops because i banned u coz u insulted me numerous times
    abused/insulted
    whatever u want to call it , it means the same in the circumstances
    that is what actually happened , i dunno maybe damo was asleep during our conversation and thougth somehting else happened
    but damo ure making more enemies than friends altely
    and making enemies of ppl that were nice to you and helped u out
    i dunno im just giving the actual facts not making them up
    and i unbanned u after about 3 minutes
    but u seem to have left that and all the other facts out of ure complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

For christ's sake Damo, grow up a little and stop being such a whining little child. Coming running to the boards like this over an issue which is between you and another person privately is neither big nor clever.

Adra was, IMO, completely in her rights to do what she did. I'd have done exactly the same thing.

As for that sexist comment you made previously which she quoted - you're well on the road to Daa-dom kid. Keep it up and you'll soon find yourself booted out on your ass, because fewer and fewer people are finding you funny, and more and more are finding you obnoxious and annoying.

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Thats too long..im not reading it.....:/

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

OMG whata long post..!!!

Ro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

oh dear oh dear oh dear adra......after you said your little "spiders and ****roaches joke".....and i told you to shutup......you seem to have GENUINELY FORGOTTEN to tell everyone about when you said: "<adra|gone> damo go **** ure mother" - making you look about 12 in the process, then when i told you to shut the **** up(talking about my mother is a bit low) the next thing i knew, i was banned from #quake.ie

ABUSE ABUSE ABUSE

• Advertisement

ok damo
    i made a smart comment in #quake.uk..
    u TOLD ME to **** off
    so i said damo go **** ure mother
    then u continued to slag me by lowering ureself to the level of name calling

damo look ffs
    u started all this
    ffs
    im done with u
    i have better things to do than waste my time with a baby liek u
    u go off runnign to complain to ANY one when u have a problem
    damo GROW THE **** UP!
    ure not 2 anymore

im done with thsi
    as i see it it is between me and damo
    i did nto abuse my ops
    i stood up for myself

end of story as i see it
    cpmplin to **** all u want damo
    i dont give a **** about u
    do what u ****ing want
    ure a waste of space
    im not asting my time on imbeciles like u

im done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Damo didn't mention you, adra?

I think he was just asking if people thought it was op abuse. I immediately noticed he didn't mention any names. Your into making big deals outta nothing. Maybe you thought that by telling everyone it was you before anyone passed judgement would get you off the hook?

The mother thing was abit low, and I could see the sarcasm in damian's sexist comment a mile off. But then again we grew up in the same sorta area around the same sorta people.

guess it's an colliding culture issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JP8000

Dont Cry Now :~~~(

vorosha,
    u dont no what ure tlakign about so please keep out of this
    but to answer ure question
    u see damos sexist comment invloved him saying
    adra
    solaan was joing
    im serious
    **** right off

now see where in his statements(whihc can be seen from the quote i pasted earleir) does it say that he was joking??
    no plce and i went thru that log to see...and he says it no place
    threfore he made a sexist comment, he did not apologise for it, he did not say he menat to say he was joking.
    so vorosha, u see as u said:and I could see the sarcasm in damian's sexist comment a mile off. But then again we grew up in the same sorta area around the same sorta people.
    ..its like this.....
    any person could have seen that damos words were not a joke
    christ vor are u blind?
    read agin what he said to me

[23:58] <[LDC]Damian> here adra
    [23:58] <[LDC]Damian> slaan might not have been serious
    [23:58] <[LDC]Damian> but i am
    [23:59] <[LDC]Damian> **** RIGHT OFF

so where in that does he say that even tho he says hes serious.....that hes actually joking
    again, am i missing somehting and does "im serrious" actually mean "im joking"....cause its not said that way and no place is it said that damo was joking but BY damo but by anyone
    so damo has probably paid u to say that of course anyone can see hes joking when in fact hes not...christ i mean u have a head on ure shulders...are u gonna stoop to his level and say something exists when it actually can plainly bes eeen that it doesnt?

vor, i thought more of you than that

and my nick was gonna be mentioned sooner or later so i was getting THE FACTS in first b4 anyone started pointign fingers or blaming anyone else.
    i do not hink thta by making it seen that damo wa son about me that it would get me off the hook....as far as i can see i was right and that littel ****head should not be abusing me at all therefore i never was on any hok i was pointing out any facts actually 99% of the facts that damo left out.

i dont think nayone actually realises that i could actually goto a solicitor and show that log of damo been sexist and have him in court and accused of sexism very quickly
    no judge these days rule against a wmen who has filed for sexism, plus i have all the evidence needed
    no i am not sayng that i will but its a serious thing
    he was sexist
    he can be charged for that
    and no one actually realises how carefully a man has to thread these days
    a man looks at a woman sideways and next thing u no he is charged wth sexual harrassment
    its such a fragile topic these days that 99% of women win
    because of the abuse that we have suffered at the hands of men for hundreds of years
    damo in court against me over his sexist comment would not win

i do not think nayone else apart from em and damo can respond to this matter because they were not ehre
    damo abused me therfore i stod up for myself and next thing u no im getting accused of abusing my opos!
    BULL ****ING ****!

o and damo and vorosha, that mother thing that i said.......came AFTER damo told me to shut the **** up
    so i make a smart comment he abuses me first
    and i stand up for myself YET IM IN THE ****IGN WRONG!

CHRIST MALE CHANUNISTIC PIGS YEE TWO!

man im getting so sick of the sexual comments made to me by yee lot
    that i'd actually do soemthing about it at this stage
    and if that includes me bringing damo to court for sexual abuse then so be it
    it can be done
    u want this to continue damo then so it shall

Ah all you women are the same.

TAKE ME TO COURT!! TAKE ME TO COURT!!

Sure damo can be my solictor and i'll be his. Please now Carol DO take us both to court! Hurry up! COOL!

Are you HONESTLY trying to argue that just cos you didn't take it as a joke and I would have that YOU'RE automaticly right? Seems you're always up for making trouble. So am I sometimes, that's why it's so easy to notice. Plus the HUGE difference between Damian being insulting and you insulting his mother is that he was insulting you cos you're a woman and you were insulting his mother just 'cos she was damo's mother!

TAKE ME TO COURT!!

No but seriously, I made a valid point and then you just simply insulted my intelligence in your last post. Very badly handled I must say. Hopefully me insulting you here makes up for it.

"a man looks at a woman sideways and next thing u no he is charged wth sexual harrassment
    its such a fragile topic these days that 99% of women win
    because of the abuse that we have suffered at the hands of men for hundreds of years"

I STRONGLY disagree with this statement. You will be hearing from my solicitor. Many people say this - get a life. But I mean it, seriously, give up IRC and get a life.

• Advertisement

btw - can you take people to court for calling you names on this? harrassment?

maybe someone could lay down the law so that some serious money can be made out of this artificial universe we got here.

sure we could all sue? make it a contest!

Irish Sueing Clan League

0pts for a lost case.
    1pts for a win over £10K
    3pts for a win over £100K

I'll be setting up a webpage soon.
    Adra could you make out the rules?

Clans leaders e-mail me or adra with logs at vor@iscl.ie and i'll see if you're eligible to enter.

pfffffffff

oh **** wait adra isn't in a clan... wierd... she doesn't even play quake... yet she has so much control over the irish quake players... i dunno...

grain of salt... i say again, grain of salt...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

If you have a problem with a channel op take it further and go to #feds and talk to the server ops or simply come to Myself and Cloud . We are the irc server ops for irc.quake.ie... we'll sort it in a non biased manner.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 20-06-99).]

ah no actualy
    daa's bans started in #quake.ie and he was banned from #quake.uk because he tok his abuse to another channel and to that chanels crowd

it was the #quake.uk ops that banned him from there because of what he has done throughtout the server not just in #quake.ie or #quake.uk

daa was banned from irc also because he took it to other channels like me and damo last nite

look damo insulted me
    i didnt start it

and as i see it i was in te right
    done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

lads lets not do this on the boards, and certainly not on the quake.ie board since it is totally related to irc. Meet up on irc or continue this on the irc board and we'll sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ahhh Damo all I have to go on is yours and adras past behaviour. And from this knowledge I would say your full of sh!te. Adra is entitled to ban you if you insult her.

Adra I would not even respond to damo's childish insults just kick & ban him when he makes them simple.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Kick him when hes down or wha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

<Gandalf said>
    "Ahhh Damo all I have to go on is yours and adras past behaviour. And from this knowledge I would say your full of sh!te. Adra is entitled to ban you if you insult her."

TBH pal, having nothing either for or against you or Damo why did you have to go and post this anyway, no1 is asking you to judge anyone so don't bother. As a good man once said .. "save your breathe to cool your porrige"

Adra has hardly anything to do with Quake, why is she an op?

This is her second op abuse incident? DeVore?

• Advertisement

i have logs of everything that happened gandalf you sad fool

adra, i "insulted" you a week ago, you kicked me for that incident, that was seemingly over, i then went on to irc last night, YOU then insulted me and i said nothing, then you butted in on #quake.uk (a totally unrelated channel) and insulted me for the second time, i then told you to shutup, and you insulted me for the third time, then i insulted you back and you banned me from #quake.ie

dont be thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 number2

At this stage of constant and wreckless op abuse I think any1 should be deopped. If it were any1 else who wasn't as much of a lick*****as she is, they'd be deopped and no more about it. The fact that she doesn't play quake makes matters worse. Are you guys afraid of her or something?
    G'wan damo, stick up for your rights as an honourable quake citizen
    anonymous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

number2, I like the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Vorosha for the record you can be taken to court. At least 3 or 4 people who frequent the cloud boards have received soliciters letters for what they thought was just having fun.

As a general rule you don't p!ss off IRC op. If you feel your not being treated fairly take it up with the other ops in private. Your track record will help your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

number2, when you stop being such a damned pussy and post that under your own name, it'll deserve a response.

As Dev is fond of saying, you own your own words. Now lay claim to them, or shut up.

Mata ne!
    Rob

enough, i leave this up to the higher authorities

so has anyone made any money offa these letters? anyone got in any trouble?

I seriously doubt it.

If you take me to court I'll win. Someone please try!

...and as for anonymous posters...

I'd seriously question why someone feels they have to post anonymously. I'd have to blame the 'higher authorities'. This is the same sorta thing as 'official irish teams'. No-one here is to say who can and can't be the 'official irish team' in Quake. For instane anyone could set up 'Team.IE' now and be just as entitled to be the official Irish Quake team as the Quake team that's allready here (let paranoia plague you devore haha).

Everyone's SAY should be considered to be just as relevant as anyone elses, despite past record, comments or playing skills (or op status for that matter - shinji).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

"I'd seriously question why someone feels they have to post anonymously"

1. To make a comment without having to deal with it's consquences or worry that someone would think of you differently.

2. To get your point across some more by reposting under different nicks. How does that make the point any more valid?

I don't how that has to do with the Team.ie, stop changing the subject smile.gif

Btw, as for the letters they never went to court for the simple reason it scared the sh!t out of the people who got them and they retracted what was said. I only know one person who refused to listen to the soliciters letter and got his web site, then his account shut down.

This isn't "Do as you please". Most of the crap that goes on here you's wouldn't do it real life, and people wouldn't put up with it in real life, so why should they here?

And not everyone has an opinion here or should have. Maybe that sounds like a dictatorship.. but Peewee gave his opinion here and got his place of work banned. Daa had his opinion and got Ennis banned.

Advertisement