Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would this count as op abuse?

Options

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Storm.
    Teacup.
    DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yes this is a case of op abuse, stop picking on damo, and daire for defending him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Free speech on-line?

There are no laws here. If there are then lay them down.

Also, someone put their solictors letter where their mouth is. I'll be expecting post.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

(why the **** can't) we all just GET ALONG ?!?

quit this foolish bickering, *****ing and ****ting on each other, its getting tiring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

hmmm. I just re-read what shinji and adra posted and would like to point out that they are OPS in #quake.ie ONLY and not #quake.uk and what someone does in another channel has no bearing on what goes on in #quake.ie.

On another note, if one indends to p1ss off an op in any channel, well be prepared for a good +b.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 20-06-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

But mp - it went in this order:

i was argueing with some english guy in #quake.uk then:

she said: thats nice coming from the guy who thought spiders ate ****roaches

then i told her to **** off and keep out

then she said: go **** your mother damo

i again told her to **** off

and then i was banned in #quake.ie

that, is total and utter op abuse, i mean, if someone like Daa or ste had ops, and they did that, they would lose them straight away, dont deny it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

MP :- iirc, one of the primary reasons Daaa eventually got his ban from #quake.ie (and subsequently from irc.quake.ie) was for annoying people in #quake.uk, no?

And btw I'm not a #quake.ie op, but if you're offering... tongue.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You have free speech, but it doesn't mean that the people you use as the medium has to print it.

The same rules apply on the net for you as they do for you if you did it in real life. You slander someone online you don't have a leg to stand on. smile.gif

With the exception of Newsgroups/Email in Ireland the ISP or people who host your message can be held liable. Which is why on the Cloud boards your not allowed do it (read the terms). This only applies to Ireland, in England for example ISP's are held accountable for any of thier members posting to the newsgroup as well.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 21-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Critic

ehh i've said before and i'll say it again.when people say things on irc you shouldn't take them seriously!!!!!!!!!!!
    jesus its not even real life
    you can give it as well as take it so if someone gives u **** give it back...
    don't be a ****ing wussy all your life
    (it was op abuse by the sound of it though)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Please try not to confuse real life with Cyberspace, this is fantasy land where ppl escape reality, taking it seriously is a serious health hazzard, everyone should just do what they want without involving pages of politics unless like me their winding someone up. Kids should be allowed to mess and adults (ops) should be allowed to kick them "if they want", those of us who don't take it seriously shouldn't be expected to kick if we don't want to, unless of course a person is being rude in public and there are no other ops about. I'm forever being asked "Blade, why didn't u kick daaa????" usually by another op 5 seconds after he joins a channel under an alias and I could be away surfing for all they know, if you want to kick him just kick him and no one should question your authority either.

Simple rule: Cyberspace is fantasy land so..
    1) Everyone chill out and don't involve politics

2) Ops kick all you want

3) Kids mess all you want

Blade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I posted this to the Ops Mailing list a while back, but here it is again just in case you OPS forgot!

<snip>

Take a non personal view and act like mediators, who are working on behalf and
    good of the users in #quake.ie. Just think of it as a small task to be done.

You see <insert trouble maker>, Kick, ban.. done. next. Try not let the little fuker get to you. If he gives you grief, you say 'im sorry, nothing personal, Im acting on behalf of #quake.ie'. Before long the git wont be annoying you as much, not that he wont
    try!.

Remember as a channel OP you are there to help the other users in the channel. Your OP is a privilage not a right.
    <snip>

Eric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

This is just like a court room.
    We have the offender and victim posting up their sides of the "incident".
    Then u have all the witnesses, and the people standing up for their friends (jury).

SO, who is the judge??
    Do any of us really care??

Take ure bickering some where else.
    maybe cloud could put up a "Muppet-B!tching Boards."

It isn't really up to any of us to decide. Why do U keep knocking each other to make yourselves look better.

**** this, why am i even replying...i couldn't care less

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 21-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 number2

<daa post snipped>

[This message has been edited by Regi (edited 21-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

KILL THIS POST IT SUCKS!
    Who cares about damo and irc it has fu<kall to do with quake so close the dam thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

has Albert Reynolds started to play quake? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

We should hold a good old fashioned witch hunt....burn some people at the stake...coz after all this is life and is really important.....
    KinDreD
    Former cheater--->> Reformed Christian.

BTW nog your a sarky ******* smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KinDreD (edited 21-06-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

burn some people at the steak...? no i'd rather eat the steak, perhaps with some onions all chopped up in french bread covered in mayo, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JP8000

fgg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

onions on a steak...blech

I prefer it with lashings of pepper sauce, oohh yeah.

Theres a great restaurant near the RDS in ballsbridge that does it. **** it i cant remember the name now, its where the sweep used to be, next door to the toyota garage...

anyway i digress, erm what were we talking about?, oh yeh, stay outta my booze! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

ya defo pepper sauce
    hec8 m8 tongue.giftongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

who gives fiddlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

as for the steak...... mash and fried onions.
    why would any1 cover a delicious lump of dead animal in pepper? might as well eat 7 rashers tied together covered in pepper sauce. what a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Ah all you women are the same.?????????

I should have smothered you while I had the chance you little ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I certainly would advise not eating your yummy steak in pepper in the presence of WhitieWashieManie, that greedy so-and-so ate half be dinner at that last p1ssup, the swine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Carol -

take the joke, TAKE EET! TAKE EET!

TAKE EET! TAKE EET! TAKE EET!

oh and do smother me next time we meet as we will meet again, yes we will, we will meet again.

mp's post states clearly that she abused her "privilage" by kicking me from #quake.ie after i started a row with someone else from #quake.uk, its not that i really give a ****e at this stage but hopefully its made her more aware of her foolishness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sad Bastid

Yeah Damo Im with you on this one. You Rule man Im Glad you managed to make such a heroic point. If people get annoyed with your deary moaning whinging attitude, fu(k em I say.

Be an individual and **** off as many people as you have pimples on your face.

I am a sad bastid. Can i be in your gang Damo?. I am nearly as boring and constantly negative as you are, but u are a god amoung sad bastids. Can I be in your gang please oh please. This is just my sad bastid opinion..

why wont you use your real name, scared of me or something?

go on who are you? dare you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

"Can i be in your gang Damo?"
    no, you are too sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sad Bastid traces to : ts05-018.dublin.indigo.ie

I think if your going to slag, you could at least use your real name. I mean even damo gives you that much.

Advertisement