Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

champions league on TV3

• 30-09-2003 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Thank God that Tv3 have finally got somebody decent to be a pundit on the champ league show!John Toshack,a man who knows a thing or two about teams outside england,italy,and the other main leagues.
    Fat trevor who is only in it for the free trips to Old trafford and Celtic Park and would know nothing about any other team outside of that!
    Let it continue!!!
    laterz
    johnnyboy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I despise TV3s coverage still. Packie Bonner is physically unable to read an autocue, and the commentary is p*ss-poor. Long-live the new Sky coverage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by johnnyboy4711
    Fat trevor who is only in it for the free trips to Old trafford and Celtic Park and would know nothing about any other team outside of that!

isn't he the main sports guy at TV3?
    for the Arsenal game i had a choice to make. stick with TV3 :( or listen to the ramblings of Jim Beglin on ITV :mad: :mad: so TV3 got my vote

there is a soccer board BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

you should hear the german commentators tryin to pronounce "oshea!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

In all fairness fat trevor with the 23 and a half collar isn' t bad...
    Its the goons they get as co-commentators... wheeey ..what an abuse of the english language ,,Frank Stapelton whining in a high pitched voice going on about the GHeeermans.. or getthing ith into de boxxs... Piss poor Id say myself... Packie is not happy on the tube.. thats obvious... K Moran... Heeesu... wrecks the English language... I could go on

But I wont

WOT

Originally posted by Billy Turdhed

you must be joking. he is terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i have a physical reaction to frank stapleton's voice, even if it's the game of the season..i just... couldn't
    argggh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Ehhhh NO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by johnnyboy4711
    Thank God that Tv3 have finally got somebody decent to be a pundit on the champ league show!John Toshack,a man who knows a thing or two about teams outside england,italy,and the other main leagues.

Toshack is awful...
    he questioned at the start of the celtic match ... "i dont know celtic are going to play with 3 forwards - Larrson, Sutton and Hartson"

If he had done his research - he would of known how they play together :rolleyes: for the last two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

I still say trevor 23 1/2 collar isnt the worst.... Now Toshack.. I'll have to say apart from having a head like a can of dogfood he seems to have injested a half bottle of tranquilliser before each broadcast.. Hesu! theres more life in my granny and she died in '72!
    Glad they got rid of the dude who sucked the teeth after every sentence..."Welcome to Landsdowne Road..eeeeesh...Tonight we have Ireland vs Latvia...eeeeesh".Can't think of his name.. Oh Aidan Cooney ..came into my head just now.

Its just a joke

WOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All so true! Does nayone know what the viewing figures are for CL on both channels, I realise the game being covered will make a difference but I'd bet RTE wins almost everytime anyway...

Mike.

• Advertisement

Oh Aidan Cooney

he was relegated to Ireland AM :D let's hope he stays there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the worst commentry has to have been the channel 5 fella a few years ago when chelsea were playing. hed go mad when they'd score or have a close shot. i had to actually turn the volume down when chelsea would score.

tv3 aint bad, mix a few ex-internationals together and it draws the old one's in. (or one's with no sky) sky is like space age, next thing you know they'll have 3d exclusively live champions league action. now theres a thought......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

He's bloody awful... but I better be keerful what I say all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Toshack is hopeless, not to mention he seems to be drunk half the time.

Advertisement