Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 98 running slowing while surfing VIA ISDN

Options
  • 30-09-2003 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

My friend pc is runnig very slowly surfing the net using dual ISDN, he had thre Swen virus, which I removed using Mcafee's stinger, I then update the antivirus software and ran a full scan , re ran stinger and then ran Spybot then Ad Adware, What else can be causing this ?? When I run a netstat -a

protocol Local Add.. Foreign Add State
    TCP oemcomputer:1026 mail1.eircom,net pop3 TIME_wait
    TCP oemcomputer:137 OEMCOMPUTER:0 LISTENING
    TCP oemcomputer:138 OEMCOMPUTER:0 LISTENING
    TCP oemcomputer:NBSESSION OEMCOMPUTER:0 LISTENING
    UDP OEMCOMPUTER:NBNAME *.*
    UDP OEMCOMPUTE:NBDATAGRAM *.*

IVE GOOGLED the last lines here it seems as if the computer is been hacked???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

135 137 and 139 would be listening if the win98 machine was in a domain or a workgroup , what are the network control panel settings and it it in either?

your firewall shoul know that the domain /workgroup is not Vai the ISDN adapter but VIA your Network card, unbind them from your ISDN adapter.

tell us what is in your network control panel.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

the pc was never in a Domain its just a stand alone win 98 pc, with a ISDN TA, i tried using Zonealarm to monitor outgoing progs it found nothing except Outlook express, IE 6, the AntiVirus for updating and ping and netstat when I wen tto the DOs prompt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

If it is stanadalone and not networked.

uninstall client for microsoft network and ESPECIALLY file and printer sharing from the network control panel.

keep all adapters and tcp/ip in that panel, they are what you need to get online..

reboot, what happens?

M

Advertisement