Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daewoo 9000S5?

Options
  • 01-10-2003 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I just bought this DVD player and it's quite a good entry level multi region player but:

I connected it using the "scart" lead and when not in use for a while (10mins or so) it switches itself off. Now I don't mind this but then the "normal" TV channels are not accessible (black screen). I have this through the scart direct to the TV and not via VCR or Satellite box. Oh and if I disconnect the scart all is well.

To view the TV, I have to re-start the Daewoo. i've been through the manual and all the settings but I can't find an answer to this problem.

Changing the AV channels on the TV does not solve the problem.

Is there a way that I can set this box to go to "standby" instead of "off"?

Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

Sounds a bit odd. Did you fiddle with the screensaver settings? If it has any that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Thanks for the reply patch. No I didn't fiddle with the screensaver it's still set to "ON".

I'm beginning to think that it may be the "scart lead" itself so I'm gonna try another one to-morrow.

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

I doubt the scart would have much to do with it. Why don't you just leave the ariel wire go into the back of the tv? That way when you switch off the DVD, the telly should revert to tuner.

There isn't really any reason to have it the other way, as you can't record or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

One of the reviewers of the player on amazon.co.uk bemoans the same problem so at least you're not alone (no solution offered there though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

One of the cables in the scart connection is a control signal, that most tv's respond to by automatcally switching to the channel the scart is connected to. When your dvd switches itself off automatically signal may still be present, somehow. You could do a little bit of research on the web & ensure that signal wire isn't used to carry anything else, & then peel back the scart cable & snip it :)

Course i don't know so much about this area so check the web, or maybe one of the other techies here can confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Patch: The TV is hooked up via Sky satellite not through a scart (if that's what you mean). I'm going to try another cable just in case.

sceptre: I had a quick look at the Amazon reviews before posting here, but I didn't see the one you mentioned.

Korg: I'll have a google and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the help but if anyone comes across anymore information I'd be very grateful.

I just found out to-day that by switching the power off button on the machine the TV channels are accessible. A bit of an inconvience but at least I don't have to take out the scart lead everytime.

Mick.

Advertisement