Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with eircomnetfree access

Options
  • 01-10-2003 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced problems dialing into eircomnetfree recently?

For the past couple of evenings (I usually dial-in around 9:pm), I get a constant busy signal on 1892 150 150, occasionally I can get in but the connection drops after a couple of minutes.

Nothing has changed on my end recently. Just wondering if anyone else has been having problems?

Cheers

Lex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I haven't experienced any problems as of yet, but then I'm not currently in the country. I hope there's no problems when I get back as it's a bit hard for me to get onto anyone else because of the disabled splitter (which I asked them to remove a month ago, and when I get home they're getting it from me, as I've had enough of their pratting about! :mad: ).

I wonder if Eircom are abandoning dialup in favor of broadband? Kind of a silly move if that is the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I dont have any probs dialling in I have to say, but sometimes people copy my name...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved to Nets/Comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

Lex_Minimus,

Where abouts in the country are you?

K
    problems dialing into eircomnetfree
    Well there's a big part of your problem, eircom-net free. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I've had barely any problems with Eircom free, whereas with any other ISP, such as IOL free, or UTV free (free is such a deceptive term here), there's nealy always a chance that I get some kind of connection problem for the first 5 times, in that it sort of makes a failed negotiation.... I'm not sure as to why that is though.... Though I have an idea it's something to do with the difference of sound during the dialling up.... Eircom makes a different noise to UTV, Esat, etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement