Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Access to c# .net

Options
  • 01-10-2003 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi I was wondering if anybody mite know of a converter that is available for changing an access database to c# on the .net platform.
    Or how i mite do it
    cheers
    :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I presume you mean the forms within an access DB? If so u will have to redesign the forms in .NET.
    I have not come across a converter, but google it and see how u get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

did u find anything ? do u need a hand doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carls

Well you see the problem is, I am developing a employee database in access, and my lecturer told me that it can be done in access and changed over to .net somehow, we are supposed to use c# I think

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

my lecturer told me that it can be done in access and changed over to .net

Are you sure.. Is it not that he is telling you to Access as the backend with C# used to develop the front-end.
    Maybe I am wrong but me thinks he is talkin through his hat ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I think your lecturer might be a tad confused
    what I'd imagine he wants is the backend in Access
    and then use C# as the gui and the method for extracting the data from access
    try http://msdn.microsoft.com/vcsharp
    or
    www.c-sharpcorner.com/

if you need any help post back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Maybe it's been developed with Visual Basic for Applications from within Access. Would this be right?

If so you need to take the vba code out and create a c# assembly(program) that does the same thing.

Well going on what the other lads are saying as well we can take it that you cannot just "Convert Access to C#"

If he tells you that you can then bi**h slap him around the head

Advertisement