Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey Let's get some gibstats for ca

Options
  • 29-06-1999 3:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How about it Slosh. The most popular Mod should have weekly frag stats. Should be easy enough with Qlog or something like that.

M

P.S. might force players to stick to one nick too. You know how these Quakers like to see their name in lights smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

wasn't there something about logging on arena2.quake.ie??

any sign of stats from that?

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

I put the fraglogfile command in the server.cfg of all the quake.ie servers, the logfile is created but not written to... cant bloody figure it out - cant be an access problem - any1 got an idea ??

BTW its a Linux based server...

ehh, not a 'puter person but could the logfile writing program be looking in the wrong place for the data? that way, it would open/create teh file but not have anything to put into it...?

just a thought...

J.

Nope - I do it on a Lan every day. The file is created and appended to whenever a kill occurs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

file permissions?.....

• Advertisement

'whenever a kill occurs'

could it have something to do witht he damage mod on CA? of course that wouldn't explain the other .ie servers not writing....

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

chmod 777 fraglogfile

should do the trick smile.gif

I chmoded the directory as the fraglog filename changes after every server reset, and the filenames are incremented. Shouldnt the directory work ??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If the file is created in the directory it should inherit the directories permissions.
    I'm remembering that from Unix tutorials over 12 years ago, so I could be wrong smile.gif

DeV.

Zactamundo, but alas no data is saved....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just a suggestion but why not contact some people who have got this working. For example the QLog page - http://www.radix.net/~cknudsen/qlog/ - has a list of pages using it and they might assist. Who knows.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

You just want your great CA skills to go public Muso tongue.gif

http://surf.to/ScarletRage
    DK 0wns U

Advertisement