Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity ICT Maths

• 01-10-2003 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Quick Question - How hairy is the maths involved in ICT in Trinity?

I am thinking of applying and want to know whether to do honours maths so that I can.
    But if the maths is much harder I'm not so sure.

tribble

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

The maths is not so bad. They go through it slow enough anyway. In my experience it's the lecturers that scare you more than the maths. (I'm finished 2 years now so lecturers and courses may have changed.)

Have a look at www.cs.tcd.ie/courses/baict and then the maths sections to get an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 alex122

yeh...

I've just started 2nd year ICT and the Maths last year was fine... my main struggle was getting the Leaving Cert requirement [HC3]... once into the course it was fine... i guess they just don't want students who aren't maths orientated at all cos there is a good chance they wouldn't like/be able to handle the programming part of the course.

But believe me - I've never been a mad fan of maths but you'll get thru it fine!

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

pishaw, you kids have it easy :)
    when i did ICT the maths were hard.

nah - its a great course and the maths, though intimadating, is never much more than the overview of a scary topic rather than the guts of it.

edit: also, the lectuers are great fun. try to go drinking with Michael and Mary if you can.

Advertisement