Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Been hacked

Options
  • 01-10-2003 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I think but Im Not Sure but my email is been hacked by how can i find out if this is been done

its an eircom.net email address and when I change the password which I do quite a lot email comes in but after about 2 days only the spam is left

I have registered a .ie with the CRO and I am awaiting that to come back to me then I think that it will be safe as the passwords would be harder to get ahold off

Any suggestions !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bugger all to do with Windows. Let's try Nets / Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'd say you are downloading your email onto your computer using an email client and it is set to delete mail on server ... BUT you must have some antispam software running that is leaving suspected spam on the server and never downloading it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

No I have been getting my email web based since all these Viruses have been goint around and it cant be the same on all PC's

changed my password today and to my amazement some Business emails came in .

The Competition are sneaky bas*ards ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

You didn't open those Microsoft Update Emails?

They send around the Swen virus - which I think allows people to hack your email. Anyways, "real" Update can be found here :Dhttp://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/_new.shtml

Advertisement