Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracked cd

Options
  • 01-10-2003 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi lads.

I need to reinstall BF but my CD is cracked and wont install,
    is there any other way to install apart from buying a new cd.

thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You will need to send it back to EA and they will return you a new CD. Read the back page of the Battlefield manual for details [page 34]

You have a 12 month Warranty on the game but you must prove you bought the game within the last 12 months otherwise you will be forced to pay a GBP £7.50 (€12) per CD charge.

Read the back of the manual for a more detailed info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

There was a thing in the October PCZone about that... apperantly it's a common enough occurance. Putting 2 cds on the little holder in the case apperantly can damage it. EA have denied this, but are still refunding the many people suffering from this problem.

I bought C&C:G Zero Hour yesterday and the second cd comes in a little slieve thing held where the manual is.... go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Any new games that i get i backup using Alcohol 120% then mount the CD image. Thus never using the orignal CD's and keeping them safe.

Of course u need loads of harddrive space to do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

120Gig Western Digitals are a mere snifter under 120 notes.
    I have 2.
    you'll also get faster load times for any stuff that needs to be read of the CD (though nothing really is any more). No noise of CDs spinning up either.

Advertisement