Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Needed

Options
  • 01-10-2003 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

OK things are moving along.

We are going to need some feedback from people who want to use the satellite broadband system with a FRIACO based product.

I will see if one of our people can get a survey running online to get the answers we need.

We will be contacting others directly.

Thanks

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Good to see things are moving ahead Darren. Who knows, you may well be able to offer a better FRIACO product full stop (i.e. 180hours +)

My contract with Silvermead is up this month; I've had enough. I'm moving on over regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

OK things are moving along. We are going to need some feedback from people who want to use the satellite broadband system with a FRIACO based product.

Nice one Darren. Good to see something positive ref. internet access. I will be picking up a skystar 2 card middle of next month so i reckon i would be interested in checking it out for a few months at the very least - the rest depends on price/performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Hi Darren,

I will be getting a SkyStar 2 card soon (hopefully it should arrive by the end of the week), and I am interested in using your service (I am with UTVip XL at the moment).

Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

hrmmm ... is this a free trial ?
    need an excuse to get a skystar :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

Hi Darren, well done people with vision of future deserve to win.

I have Sky satellite and live in the midlands, to be more precise in Longford a place that looks like forgotten by the government and the "BIG PLANS" for the broadband in Ireland, and many other things

You can count with me for the trial

molinaalexis@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ye are all licks. I invented this product :D

M

OMFG, you lie. :(

Wow, new smiley. :horned:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Of course price is a concern not only that do you have to have SKY2 or would Sky digital be OK ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Can I have some information on what this is? I saw FRIACO mentioned, well I'm with UTV and I saw Sky digital mentioned, I also have Sky Digital. Is this a free trial of a new product?

more info please:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

A Sky Digital connection is a prerequisite unless you are dish pointing guru. , it means you have a dish pointing in the right direction.

You must get a DVB Card for your PC in the meantime and get it working. There is quite a lot about this in the Satellite forum already and in others. Nuphor Watty and others have posted on One Way sats and companies with similar setuups such as Silvermead and Netsystem. You should see all their transponders off your DVB card with a good signal if you installed the card right.

CPSat have been encouraged (in here) to bundle a One way Sat Downlink and a FRIACO uplink into a one stop product. Currently one must buy a one way downlink from the UK and a FRIACO in Ireland from a separate provider.

Two way sats are very pricey and leave one stuck with equipment if one ditches them, lets all hope that the VSAT market will benefit from CPSats presence. The extra equipment you buy , costing about €100 from Germany, can be used for other Sats if CPsat have a problem.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

im interested - my silvermead contract is up this month so im on the lookout

ive a skystar2 in my pc and ready to do any trialing u need :D

anything after that would depend on your future throttling / cap issues and of course price

for those of you living out in the bogs and what not.. a sky dish may not suffice..

i have an 85cm in cork and depending on the location of the transponder u might need a bigger dish - either way if you have sky and want satellite broadband your gonna need a bigger dish if your location is a problem and your gonna need a dual LNB - thus so u can watch your tv and use the downlink on ur pc aswell

chances are if these guys set up here they wont have their own teccies to do the installs so ur either gonna have to buy a sat metre and chance ur arm at aligning it correctly or pay a guy to come out and overcharge you for doing so

So if I get this product, I have to pay for my UTV contract aswell as the £18.99???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

they are trying to do a bundle package so if they suceed in becoming an isp for us they will charnge u one lump sum a month presumably

however if they cannot do so then ur gonna be paying for ur UTV and your sat broadband provider if u choose to.

sat = downlink only (1way)

modem = uplink

TBH [T B H is filtered?], if you're getting a relatively good signal with Sky Digital with little or no digital interference during rain, you'll be fine. The dish is already pointed in the right direction, and their are channels operating on the same beam. If you can get "Channel U" (a music channel) OK, then you should have no problems. A minidish would be fine unless you're in the upper north-west of the country. You may need a 60cm dish here. But they can be picked up for under €50.

I don't think I'll be getting this then. Price per month = 27 + 25 for UTV = €52. and then it is 4c per meg after a certain point which is €40 per gig (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cpsat

Just a quick update.

The feedback questionaire is being put together, I will let you know when it is available.

It is also worth point out that you should keep an eye on our website, www.cpsat.co.uk for news, currently setup fees are being waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Definitely interested here.

I'm in the suburbs of Limerick and have a perfect Sky reception with a mini-disk. Already with UTVip, but not 100% satisfied with the service. I can't get either ISDN or DSL, so I'm stuck with 56k at the mo.

Any opportunity to change would be wonderful!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

I'm in darkest Meath with UTV over ISDN and a Sky Dish on the roof.
    I'll pick up a DVB card next week and give it a trial.
    Are you just looking at a bundled product or will you be
    pricing the satellite seperately for those who are happy with their uplink product?

The three month minimum contract mentioned on the site is good. Will that hold true here?

Also I see that all of your satellite customers were given £10 compensation for loss of service last week.
    Does this happen much ;-)

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

[T B H is filtered?]
    Aye, boards-wide. 'Twasn't us:)

Originally posted by sceptre
    [T B H is filtered?]
    Aye, boards-wide. 'Twasn't us:)

Don't get me wrong, it's probably needed. It's a boardsey cliché at this stage.

CPSat should be offering trial accounts soon. Silvermead have started, so I assume they'll follow suit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement