Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/Dice ] Battlefield: Vietnam video

Options
  • 01-10-2003 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

EA have released a 10mb video, thats 90seconds long of the up and coming Battlefield 1942 sequal, Battlefield: Vietnam.

You can find the movie on the official BF site here .. though make not for a few hours today [Wednesday]the EA site is down as they are upgrading their site/servers.

thumb_4.jpg thumb_6.jpg thumb_1.jpg
    thumb_2.jpg thumb_3.jpg thumb_5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

I wonder if it would be as good without the soundtrack! Looks nice, but no better than Battlefield or DC. Unless it has dramatic gameplay improvements maybe this should be another expansion / mod. Still I have gotten so much mileage from BF1942 i have no problem shelling out for another game.. Unfortunately 'Battlefield vietnam desert combat' doesn't have the same ring to it!!

Falgorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It is not mearly just another mod to a brilliant BF game.

BF:V has totally reworked the Refractor2 engine [Engine that BF runs on] allowing a lot more. You will be able to shoot out the side of the hueys and moving cars and trucks. Better fire effects for that Napalm goodness and also bump mapping and the like so that metal will shine :)

Will blow the pants off you lot i say ;)

Expect it in 2004. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Sometimes i think the difference between a mod & a new game is the same as difference between re-working or re-designing a game engine... ie re-working(or modifying) and re-designing as in "New".. most of the changes you are talking about are cosmetic and dont actually add to the gameplay.. allthough i suppose bump mapping will ease the strain on lower spec pc's. Id like to see some 'hamburger hill type maps where you spend hours on the offensive, and if they can bump up the max number of players online, there is no reason why epic cinema conflicts cant become the stuff of BF Vietnam!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Just finally got around to downloading the movie and i have to say, its not too shabby :)

Blew the pants off me. Its looking like its gonna be a great game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement