Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLQ

Options
  • 30-06-1999 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Dia dhuit,
    I've been playing Quake on a P100 for about a year and thanx be to **** I've a Dell PIII 450 coming in which should arrive today or tomorrow. Is GLQuake hard to set up..?.. as far as I know new comp has ATI Rage Pro Xpert 8MB 3d accelerator.
    Slan go folio,
    jAH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

You'll wanting to be getting rid of that Winmodem for starters it will give you about 200 ping and 40ish p/l. That modem is the bain of my life, get a pace or if you can isdn or cable!!! . As for GL Quake get the Open GL drivers for the card down off the web about 6-7 megs (i thinks) get glquake off
    the id paeg and remove the .dll files associated with a 3Dfx card. Cant remember them off hand, some1 else will fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

All the rage pro installation disks I've ever seen actually come with Quake GL software. If not, gimme a shout, and I'll send you specific Rage Pro quake GL setup stuff.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

but dont you need the actual "GL" drivers for the card aswell as the normal drivers that come with the computer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah the card software might cover your basic needs but you'll need GLQuakeworld so get that too.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The File Helv referers to is opengl32.dll. Delete that as its for 3Dfx mini-port GLQuake. With that file been gone from the x:\quake dir it will then look for the file in the windows\system dir and use the one installed by the ATI Driver setup. You might need to get new drivers as ATI are constantly trying to make GLQuake run at an acceptable frame rate on there cards.

Jimmy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement