Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A way to stop the muppetry??

Options
  • 30-06-1999 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

How about a server, with a password on it.
    People with half a brain get a password, the other people can muppet around and kick each other on CA.

Perhaps have a floating password, that allows people to play by invitation.

Maybe put one person in charge of each server, who has the responsibility of changing that password say once a week/month.

IT HAS TO BE DONE.

It worked in UK on the Public server.
    It's more official, when u have a password, I think u feel more priviliged, and won't muppet around.

If there is only maybe 2 or 3 ops per server, then S*O*R*T*E*D..

Oh yeah one last thing. Hasn't Death been abusive on more than one occasion??
    I really don't think he should have ops.

It's like giving Daa "Q" on the Cloud Boards.

fwckin mental

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

jay i love you

I want you to bear My children

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Jay, the servers are run by ISP's and is not a private organisation like BW, they'd flip if we did that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Another useful comment by Death.

Slosh, is there no way that with Qamex and the rest that this could be organised.
    I understand that the servers are run by ISP's, BUT surely they disagree to this muppetry too. And I'm sure if they even knew what went on on them, that the servers wouldn't even be up.

It is really ruining Irish quake.

All we see on the boards these days, is people giving out about other people, and being kicked on the servers etc.

Its just YAWN.
    If people can't act the b0llix, then the boards won't be flooded with gimpish comments.

And maybe just maybe, Irish quake will be a little more active.

It would show at least who is dedicated, this would make it easier to organise tournaments etc.

Look at last years IQCL, that really wrecked Eric's head trying to get things done, trying to organize players that don't even care about playing.
    It doesn't help when people "say" they will be there, and don't turn up.

I live in a dream world.
    Ireland really needs a private organisation, like Barryworld.

Jay of Clan SCOBE
    Om Nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

OR
    put up a *****ing board cheeky.gif

http://surf.to/ScarletRage
    DK 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

Im with Jay on this one but in this
    community the passwords would never stay
    in the right hands and sooner or later
    the muppets would have them, changing them
    frequently might just make it more of a
    chore for ppl to join the server (hence
    force them to play another game, like CA)

Might work though, so its worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Jay,

I'm not involved in Qamex and have no influence - but - in the view of ISP's game servers are just needless hassle to cater for a minority. Are you proposing that we password only the war servers ?? Then how do we distribute the passwords ? How do new players ever get a chance to learn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Regi adidas and Phoenix, 3 players I hadn't seen play in ages played a few wars last night and were very good. With a passworded server they wouldnt even have got on and buggered off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

and me von tongue.gif

the games were quite good last night...except the last one which was fairly un-even! ohh well smile.gif

gg's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

These problems could be overcome.

Advertisement