Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish clan scene.. dead or alive..?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Riker You Moany kunt shut up bad mothing ca no body forces ppl to play there and if they are kicked boo fookin hoo. what de hell.

And wasnt this thread about the clan scene and not your endless waffley sh1te that we all know so well at this time.

Whats For Tea?

sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by DEATH (edited 29-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Personally I dont think theres much of a problem with new players coming onto the servers, I know I play under numerous nicks and sometimes do the newbie act for a laugh, but in all that time I've never seen systematic (or however you spell it ) kickings etc, most people seem willing to help, except when theres a match on or something and then it can get a bit nasty but thats whats required sometimes.

Also the main reason you dont get so many newbie players in both Q1 and Q2 is that unlike say a year ago there's a much greater choice of games available, and people are buying the newest games and playing those online, and then maybe tring out the older games.
    Wait until Q3 gets released and you'll then really have newbies coming into the servers, then I'd say the whole Clan thing will get its much needed shot of new blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

FFA's are actually cool on dm2, dm4, dm6..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Noir

I'm new to online gaming. In fact, I haven't even started yet, I'm just poking around this site to see what the whole online game scene is like - and I don't like what I see. In fact, I'm worried that there are going to be a lot of w*****s out there in the Irish Quake scene, ruining what I was led to believe to be a fantastic experience. I'll read as much as possible to avoid using the "spoiling" tactics mentioned by ppl. I was going to buy Quake/Quake 2 tomorrow, now I'm thinking about H-L instead, maybe I'll find more decent human beings playing that game online smile.gif

But I might wait until Q3: Arena comes out,
    I can train at home with that game.

Yes, that will be the beginning of the newbie invasion...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

as in all walks of life noir, its the w*****s who make the most noise, but are in the minority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Noir, buy Starsiege Universe and install the online game that comes included - "Starsiege: Tribes". There's a small but very friendly Tribes scene in Ireland, and 5 Irish Tribes servers to choose from. Come talk to us on the Tribes board.

Ignore that Quake lark, there's too many 12 year olds here. wink.gif

Teeth.

[This message has been edited by Dr_Teeth (edited 30-06-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

There was far more muppetry in the old ctf days. Servers being ping bombed, crossdressing, people switching sides to make games 7v4 etc. But since the mod was just running continuous 500 fraglimit games and cycling through maps, games couldnt be held up by any pr1cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

tribes is sad.....tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

play 8 player free-for-all's to train newbies, before they join war servers and make life hell for their teammates
    server: ffa1.quake.ie:27500
    ffa's are fun for experienced players too.

Advertisement