Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will they do ?

• 01-10-2003 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am getting an operation on my bits (Scrotum) and its freaking the crap outta me! I am healthy, its nothing life threatening. But I am more worried about what they will be doing. Like if I get a light hit there its damn painful.

Like will they stich it up afterwards or do they have any "nicer" way of closeing up.

Anyone else ever gotten anything done down their, any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ummm....ohhh....ahh.....yeah....ask the trained professionals T BH!

Yeah, im surprised they didnt tell you already.

:f33r::horned:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Are they operating on your scrotum or your actual testicles? Your scrotum is only a bit of skin, it wouldn't hurt very much to have stiches in it. Your balls now, would be a completely different story :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

It's just a local for the snip innit? Tis minor enough I'm sure. Still, rather you than me mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

Got the snip done earleir this year, it's done under a local anesthic. 20 mins later in a taxi on the way home.

Bit tender for a few days nothing much at all.

few salt baths to keep it clean, they used dissolveable stiches that dissappear in a few weeks.

I a months time you will have trouble finding the two small slips where the doc went in

hope that helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

before you get the snip do you make a supply of sperm in the sperm bank just in case?
    and does it effect your sex life in any way orther than ejaculating?
    just wondering bit young the get my balls chopped just yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

afaik, the amount of ejaculate is the same, as the actual sperm is only a minor percentage of the total fluid. the feeling doesn't change at all, in fact I can imagine it would be better as you know you won't be spawning rugrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

Originally posted by KilOit
    before you get the snip do you make a supply of sperm in the sperm bank just in case?
    and does it effect your sex life in any way orther than ejaculating?
    just wondering bit young the get my balls chopped just yet :D

You probably can get some sperm kept in a sperm bank if you want but if you are getting the snip it's usual because you are fairly certain you don't want any kids/ or at least any more kids. if you think you may change your mind later use other types of contraception.

The sperm content of cum is so small, it makes no difference in terms of volume

The only effect it has had on my sex life is a positive one where I don't have to worry about my partner getting pregant and we can stop using condoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Rather you then me mate.

No surgeon is getting near my goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

What will they do ?

Maybe stick them into a jar for you, so you can show them off to your mates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Explain your concerns to your doctor and he can (a) reassure you (b) provide a sedative (in addition to the anastetic) to chill you out before the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

my other half was able to "do it" a day after the snip so it cant be that sore. so dont worry about it if that is what you are getting done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Uck
    Like will they stich it up afterwards or do they have any "nicer" way of closeing up.
    With kisses you mean?

Ask your bloody doctor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I'd go over 10% for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Are you actually getting sterilised? There are other operations that you can get on your balls that may need general anethestic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Typedef
    Maybe stick them into a jar for you, so you can show them off to your mates?

actually they put them on a key chain so they will always hang close to where they started :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Unreggiistered
    my other half was able to "do it" a day after the snip so it cant be that sore. so dont worry about it if that is what you are getting done
    "do it" with who?

you? did you enjoy having his balloon-like head wrapped in a bloody bandage shoved into your grotto? and if you did, did he avoid ripping every single stitch and shredding his rod?

If he did, he should go into medicine. The world needs more miracle workers. If he only told you he "did it" a day after, then hes a liar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What kind of operation are we talking here - snipping the sperm cord? Or whatever it's called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

""do it" with who?

you? did you enjoy having his balloon-like head wrapped in a bloody bandage shoved into your grotto? and if you did, did he avoid ripping every single stitch and shredding his rod?

If he did, he should go into medicine. The world needs more miracle workers. If he only told you he "did it" a day after, then hes a liar"

You have obviously not had the snip they make two small incisions in the scrotum they snip the vas deferns cauterize them and dont even stitch the incisions....you have a great imagination

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The snip usually refers to circumcision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by kaids
    I believe the discussison is sterilisation, not circumcision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I believe the discussison is sterilisation,
    Is it sterilisation? The originla poster hasn't commented on that.

Also he asked
    Yeah I had to have an operation down there. Full blown anethestic. My balls (and sack) were swollen and red for a few days and had those disposable stiches that fell off after a few days. They were real tender, had to be real careful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Well yeah - just last saturday night. But gentlemen never kiss and tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by kif
    The snip usually refers to circumcision.

Not in my small world it dont..the snip is a vascectomy...the chop is a circumcision (or worse)

Advertisement