Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For those who can't reverse into their driveways

Options
  • 01-10-2003 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭

For those who can't reverse into their driveways and then scare the bejaysus out of the rest of us as they reverse out.

Of course if your driveway is big enough for one of these things .... why can't you turn in the driveway :rolleyes:

PS I have no connection with this company. I saw the ad in Phoenix Magazine (PPS I have no connection with this company wither ;)).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

so people would actually rather spend E3,800 upwards than learn how to reverse properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by dudara
    so people would actually rather spend E3,800 upwards than learn how to reverse properly.
    Money rich, time poor. Think of all those automatic gates (admittedly more secure) and automatic garage doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Like that beedin ad for Hot Tub jacuzis made in Carlow drivway turntables are surely a sign this country is too damned rich! Imagine that sort of thing being availible here just 10 years ago....

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

You'd look a right tw@ turning that by hand. I'd say its done with an electric motor.....I'd love to fiddle with the rpm rate..... roulette with a new meaning..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

omg - learn to drive ya noobs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Why just put a motor on it - you also need a remote control too..

I'm sure they have concept cars out there that can be driven form either end (like those big 8x8 german armoured cars, which reminds me Dear Santa...)

Do they do any furniture rollers , for parallel parking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

when the car is out, put your bikes on it with the stand up, sit the kids on top and you've got a merry go round

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by dudara

Ahhh but ya get these people whos Daddy's have loadsa money, and so they have big cars, no cop on etc etc etc... then you put them in the said big cars, and they crash it into a wall/other car/house and it costs Daddy a small fortune to repair both..

So Daddy being the intelligent man he is, rather than teaching these siblings/partner of his to park, reverse etc, which he knows is a complete waste of time well in advance, just has one of these put in the big drive way of his rather large house..

Problem solved.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    just has one of these put in the big drive way of his rather large house..
    you would think the big driveway would give plenty of turning space, but then Daddy drives a €90,000 Merc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Could of done with that last week.

Crashed into the wall coming into the driveway E950 worth of damage.

Yes I am a woman driver: driving for 2/5 years now thou and I think some stuff infront of the gate caught the tyres

• Advertisement
Advertisement