Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web/Flash Design Contracts

Options
  • 01-10-2003 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can any of you help me on the below please?

I have a friend that is in talks with a company to design them a flash app that will go on a cd.
    he has just registered his company and is unsure as to the process of signing a contract etc etc.
    I told him id check it out as hes up to his eyes.

Alot of ye have im sure drawn up contracts with clients.

Supposing they have agreed design and cost, how does one draw up a contract.

Does a solicitor have to see it? Or does it just require the 2 parties signing the dotted _________

Supposing Design has not been agreed but cost has and a contract has to be signed.
    What is the process then for signing off the design and the implications on the contract.

Do both parties have to be present to sign. Or can the service provider send the contract to be signed?

Any info from the exerience out there would be much appreciated!
    Tnx
    L8r

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

well personally from running my own music company when we got someone to start working on redeveloping our site they were the ones who drew up the contract and we just signed it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

yes thats what i want to know - how did THEY draw up the contract... (ie the service provider)

(in fact do you have a copy of it - id like to see how its structured? xxx out the details if need be)

Tnx

i haven't got a scanner but I'll dig through a list of sites I have cos i know theres a site somewhere that tells you how to do it

try googling it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Re googling : just done so. thought i would get some feed back from the irish contingent though as the contract will be for ireland.

Tnx anyway.

no problem man don't mention it if you need to ask any other questions just bang em up here or PM me and I'll be glad to help

PS: make sure your mate asks for at least 25% of the fee upfront

oh yeah and just reading over your post if the price contract has to be drawn up now then just draw up a price contract and you can always draw up a seperate design contract thats what we did when we were availing of a web designers services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Tell your friend to drop me a line and ill forward on a contract i have used for web design.

alan@dgi.ie

Advertisement