Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Magazines

Options
  • 01-10-2003 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

if this is the wrong forum, please move

which is the best one content wise. i need to get direct x 9 and my ****ty connection would be all day d/l it. so any magazine with a cd included

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

I think PC Format is a good mag, have both a CD and DVD version, Only thing is the Price here is crazy about €10/€11 euro for a Magazine rip of ireland is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

Originally posted by mobby
    I think PC Format is a good mag, have both a CD and DVD version, Only thing is the Price here is crazy about €10/€11 euro for a Magazine rip of ireland is right.

Well thank the almighty government and the huge taxes levied on magazines and papers :)

I'm not even sure you can get directX on cover disks any more, MS just put a stop to their products being put on magazines recently. If you can find a copy from last month then you're grand but I'd check the contents before purchasing from here on out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by wombat
    I'm not even sure you can get directX on cover disks any more, MS just put a stop to their products being put on magazines recently.

that's just great

Mossy shakes fist :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

I've always had a soft spot for PC Pro.

Oh and more on the banning of MS Cover CD stuff here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/33021.html

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Egde. Read it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Any of the pc games magazines have it

About the best is PC gamers DVD edition, has all youll need in there

Shin

From http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/33021.html
    "Downloading Microsoft products from the www.microsoft.com/downloads site ensures that the customer is receiving the most up to date version of a service pack, patch, update or trial product, and also provides the added reassurance that they are receiving the original product."

all well and good for people with broadband. i'll have a good look in newsagents tomorrow and see whats on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pc gamer have the worst reviews for games although the content is good on the dvd

pczone is the best they have the best reviews and also a double-sided dvd

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    pc gamer have the worst reviews for games although the content is good on the dvd

pczone is the best they have the best reviews and also a double-sided dvd

i hipe they have pczone. i might have to go to waterford to get it. going down there tomorrow morning anyway. no amazing newsagents where i live :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sounds like a scam to get more people to buy the official xp mag

• Advertisement
Advertisement