Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thiefing Students!!!

Options
  • 01-10-2003 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yeah, so I was *studying* in the library today and went off to a two hour lecture. Three days earlier, I bought a brand spanking new red Uniball pen.

Went to my lecture avec black Uniball pen and UCD refill pad and when I came back, it had been stolen!

What made it even more infuriating that the one who stole is was (most likely) some fat burd sitting across the way from me! I could see it, she was using it and she didn't give it back.

Now, I know it's only a pen, but that's my point. It's only a pen, but it was my pen and I'm a very, very poor student but even *I* wouldn't steal someone's pen, knowing full well that I was going to come back to my table to use it again.

I'm outraged and disillusioned. I trust people too much and this is how all of you repay me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Did you not go up to her and say, did you see anyone take my pen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    some fat burd sitting across the way from me! I could see it, she was using it and she didn't give it back.
    deck her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by ferdi
    deck her.

bad idea. the fat ones hit back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I gave her a chance to give it back. Didn't ask. Next time I take the pen. If that doesn't work, I deck her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Well get a leaky pen - you might catch her red-handed....

• Advertisement

**** in that fat h0s bag ffs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Well get a leaky pen - you might catch her red-handed....

oh the wit :P

That happend to me once in secondary school. Some prick stole my pen, one with a fancy light in it which had been gifted to me...anyways I saw him messing with it in class. I knew if I asked him for it back he wouldn't give it to me and I'd never see it again - so I waited till he went to lunch and robbed it out of his bag. twas most ingenious, if I may say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It wasnt robbing if it was your pen, merely rescuing. :horned:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm outraged and disillusioned. I trust people too much and this is how all of you repay me.

Well done. How many years on this planet did it take you to learn this?:)

Seriously, what did you expect? You sound a bit like those tourists who gp "Oh my gawd, I left my wallet on the bus seat and I turned away and when I looked back it was gone, oh wow!"

You could become a costumed hero who goes around stealing fancy pens from the rich and giving them to the poor or something in that line:)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Why did you not just walk over to her and ask for your pen back rather than wasting time posting the horrible story here.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by simu
    Well done. How many years on this planet did it take you to learn this?:)

Seriously, what did you expect? You sound a bit like those tourists who gp "Oh my gawd, I left my wallet on the bus seat and I turned away and when I looked back it was gone, oh wow!"

You could become a costumed hero who goes around stealing fancy pens from the rich and giving them to the poor or something in that line:)

Hey, prick, my whole desk was full of books and notes and books and journals and my folders and rucksack and coat. Obviously I was coming back for my stuff. I'm much too trusting of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    Hey, prick, my whole desk was full of books and notes and books and journals and my folders and rucksack and coat. Obviously I was coming back for my stuff. I'm much too trusting of people.

Hmm, very big man on the intraweb arn't we, why is it you feel you have to right to call him a prick, do you think that because DeVore or some other nameless (:)) admin gave you moderatorship of this forum it gives you the right to insult and abuse people on it. Far to many moderators like you around here mate, the administrators put their trust in you and this is how you repay them.

As for the thread, you left books,notes,folders, and a bag there for two hours, and the only thing nicked was a pen, cop on and realise how lucky you where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

tell her you'll enroll her into weight watchers if she doesnt give it back!!!

Chill out, was just telling you that you shouldn't trust ppl automatically!

In future, I'll say nothing, just bask in feelings of Schadenfreude:)

Originally posted by Practical
    Why did you not just walk over to her and ask for your pen back rather than wasting time posting the horrible story here.... :rolleyes:

yeah ffs. The only problem with this would be if she had bought the pen herself (or if she said she did). Either way you shoudl have just said something instead of being such a spineless whine about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

or maybe she has a crush on you and this is her way of flirting with you? i take your pen you take me home kinda job

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    or maybe she has a crush on you and this is her way of flirting with you? i take your pen you take me home kinda job

Or is Dadakopf's case 'Ill take your virginity'

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I left my glasses down in the library in collefe came back and someone had nicked them:(
    silly students!!

Boston, try trolling like that again and I'll ban you for a week.

Simu: I mean't 'prick' in a fun way.

I just figure: what's it to me someone steals a brand new pen? Interesting turn around. That was my pen. What's it to some unscrupulous student who's too tight arsed to go buy their own pen. I hope she choked on the cap.

Simu: I mean't 'prick' in a fun way.

Don't worry 'bout it. Stuff like that isn't always obvious online, though:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

let me get this straight.

you were in the library
    went off to a two hour lecture leaving a big pile of stuff on your table and didn't expect it to be stolen?

tbh im surprised any of your stuff was still there
    i wont leave any of my stuff alone for more than 5 mins, like when im getting a book or something

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

3 years later and still my notepad hasn't been stolen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by kif
    3 years later and still my notepad hasn't been stolen :/
    Maybe you just take crap notes and everyone knows it kif:)

No-one's ever stolen my notes either.

Notes? ahhh, now i realise where i've been going wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by Seraphina
    ...i wont leave any of my stuff alone for more than 5 mins, like when im getting a book or something...

we're not talking about a public library here, surely your college library is fairly safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

no its not a public library, i go to ucd too

who says college students are more honest than the general public?
    i'd say alot of them are less honest.
    there's 20,000 people in ucd between students and staff, would you trust them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by Seraphina
    would you trust them all?

No, but I'd trust them more than those in a public library, cos it seems that most people in college libraries have a mission... to research for a project, to study, something.

But in the city library if I put my stuff down I wouldn't turn my back. Not making a statement, its just the way it is.

I never leave my phone or wallet in the library, but my bag, books, jacket etc yeah. That kinda stuff should be safe. Its not like yer in DIT.

Originally posted by kif
    I never leave my phone or wallet in the library, but my bag, books, jacket etc yeah. That kinda stuff should be safe. Its not like yer in DIT.

zing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

DadaKopf how full/busy was the library ?

Advertisement