Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thiefing Students!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by kif
    I never leave my phone or wallet in the library, but my bag, books, jacket etc yeah. That kinda stuff should be safe. Its not like yer in DIT.

Well my pens have never been stolen from the bolton street library, or my coat from the su. See its scum that steal and not the country boggers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by kif
    I never leave my phone or wallet in the library, but my bag, books, jacket etc yeah. That kinda stuff should be safe. Its not like yer in DIT.

Thats fighting talk!!! :mad:

Anyone see the gang of muckers from IT Carlow going into Spirit there 3 weeks ago. It was like heifer day at Maynooth Mart. I was deeply dismayed my VIPs had to thread through the cowpoo to get to the door. :D

Im sure kif isnt from ITC but lets move the focus away from DIT and its fine new library (AST).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    Hey, prick, my whole desk was full of books and notes and books and journals and my folders and rucksack and coat. Obviously I was coming back for my stuff. I'm much too trusting of people.

There was nothing more annoying in college than some prick leaving all their stuff at a desk and going off to lectures. Other people need the space when you aren't there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Leaving stuff on a desk is an open invitation thieves !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Anyone see the gang of muckers from IT Carlow going into Spirit there 3 weeks ago.

hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

you think stealing a red pen is bad. i know a guy that pays 7/8 euro into a nightclub and spends no money on drink,just goes around stealing pints.even steals them from under the taps.madness.cheap ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

go up and ask her ...which one of ye took my pen

Originally posted by sparkite
    cheap ****!

I think 'Genius' is the word you are looking for.

Originally posted by sparkite
    you think stealing a red pen is bad. i know a guy that pays 7/8 euro into a nightclub and spends no money on drink,just goes around stealing pints.even steals them from under the taps.madness.cheap ****!

How the hell could he steal them from under the taps? Most dublin night clubs will have the bar section ecnlosed well. My mate once took a pint that was just sitting up at the bar before, then spent the rest of the night getting sick all over the place.

The moral of the story is - don't be a knacker.

Originally posted by utility_

The moral of the story is - don't be a knacker.

The morale is rob your mates' pints.

You know that they don't have cooties!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Well get a leaky pen - you might catch her red-handed....

Ah for christs sake... Jesus... I'd give you a good kick if you ever made a joke as bad as that in front of me.

But yeah... it's just a pen... I mean she probably didn't know you were coming back and couldn't just go "sorry, took your pen ,thought there was nobody there". After all, who's cheap stingy enough to go back for a pen (I'm getting banned for that amn't I:P)

But yeah shur... deck her... why not.

*EDIT*: Wait you left ALL of your stuff there? Sorry thought it was just a pen. Jebus, you're awfully trusting in people.

Try returning to same place in library and if you see the fat bird again dont let her see you and wait for her to nip to the loo......recover pen.

Why not take her bag aswell and move it to another part of the library?

It must have been galling to see her with your pen...what a bitch....

EDIT: Am I right in thinking the first post in this thread is from 2003?....christ who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭strawberry

DadaKopf wrote:
    Yeah, so I was *studying* in the library today and went off to a two hour lecture. Three days earlier, I bought a brand spanking new red Uniball pen.

People who leave their stuff in the library while they go swanning off for hours really annoy me - where are the rest of us supposed to sit?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

strawberry wrote:
    People who leave their stuff in the library while they go swanning off for hours really annoy me - where are the rest of us supposed to sit?
    In Galway we have a waiting room for when you're patiently holding out for a library space. Apparently, it's called the college bar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Uh, this thread really wasn't worth resurrecting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

strawberry wrote:
    Uh, usually in the other available seats.

But, yeah, I'm with simu. What's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

simu wrote:
    Uh, this thread really wasn't worth resurrecting!

I would love to know if the alledged thief has reformed. I say alledged because the notion has crossed my mind that possibly this lady had purchased a red pen all of her own and is innocent of said henious crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Unfortuneatly when it comes to little things of life like pens staplers folders and stuff, Finders Keepers will prevail...

Advertisement