Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No More Smilies!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

we defo need a decent embarresed smiley anyways, the current one looks like its yawning & you can barely make out the blush

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Truckle
    Ahh here we go.

I Wish to meet whoever thinks viking smileys, ninjas and odlums logos are "nice, well-defined smilies"

It has come to my attention that the odlums thing is in some way lucutus and mark related. Still though, it means fuck all to 99% of boards, which is why its silly.

I have a stunning counter argument to your point.

I didnt put them up

I thank you.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

When I first saw the new smilies I was a tad bemused.gif but then I was filled with apathy.gif only to later be embarrassed.gif by the new :horned: smilie so I went out and got drunk.gif and then proceeded to hatch an evilplan.gif that involved mspainting new smilies at 12am on a Friday morning because I was bored.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

DeVore should also have pointed out that 'nice well-defined smilies are welcomed' doesn't imply 'only nice well-defined smilies are welcomed'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by ecksor
    DeVore should also have pointed out that 'nice well-defined smilies are welcomed' doesn't imply 'only nice well-defined smilies are welcomed'

If you take it in context, that thread was up some time close to another thread that had asked for other useless smilies, which were shot down. The way i saw it, Devore was saying that the smilies being presented this time were ok, because they served a purpose.

Fair enough that you didnt put them up DeVore, was only trying to point out the fact that smilies of the nature of the ones that have been recently added, had been rejected in the past by an admin, and then put on subsequently by an admin (albeit a different admin)

AFAICS DeVore, your last post was you explaining why you shouldnt have to justify the new smilies, what do you think of the new ones?

(on a side note i am not trying to pick a fight here, apparently there are enough people about who like the new smilies to justify their being on boards, i just think the new smileys are silly, thats all ):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We are all just lab rats in the greater scheme of things.

kittencake.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

all the new smileys are silly imo :/

the ninja and viking ones in particular are an invitation to muppetry :/

I R KEWL :ninja: :horned: :ninja: :horned:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

if you're going to put up new smilies, they could at least be ones that express something like rollertoaster's there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

...the mixed opinions! :)

I made :f33r: ages ago to go along with my 'new', (at the time), avatar and only uploaded it the other day. I'm sorry some of you don't like it, I really really am. Seriously, so sorry, can you feel my regret from there? I bet you can, can't you. Oh yes. :rolleyes:

btw, it represents an unspeakable ev1l, but you can all use it wherever the hell you want, I don't mind. :)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm just amazed that these appeared overnight, and CuLt's brilliant smilies STILL haven't appeared.......

:/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Lucutus
    [BI really really am. Seriously, so sorry, can you feel my regret from there? I bet you can, can't you. Oh yes. :rolleyes:
    [/B]

Luc
    You sound like Fr. Jack apologizing to Bishop Brennan
    lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If the evil owl is to stay can someone make it a bit more Kryptonian friendly... please :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Can there be a special really annoyng one to piss off dahamsta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by dahamsta

I'm just saying, that's all. I don't expect anything to change.

adam
    thats the spirit adam!

at the same time could the odlums one be got rid of,
    1: it no make sense at all
    2: it looks really **** in cloud style set

Take any one of the smilies from roller toaster's previous post instead, or on an off chance have a vote!
    What are we, twelve?

completely off topic, but ever thought of a board census?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Maybe a vote is in order? Sorry Lucutus, but they are shite IMO. I designed the ninja/wwm smilies to be the same size/overall look as the original vB ones, I don't like the new ones at all :(

Let me just clarify that the horned :horned: one is nothing to do with me, I think regi uploaded that one.

However, the f33r smiley :f33r: is me all over. I need to take the yellow outline from it , it probably looks rubbish on other background colours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Getting rid of the horned one'd be a good start. One step at a time, sweet jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Oi! Horny is cute! :horned: :horned:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I like :f33r:

It's strangely attractive

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

had been rejected in the past by an admin, and then put on subsequently by an admin (albeit a different admin)

Yes. You'll find that we have separate bodies and lives too, as well as opinions and tastes.

Personally, I dont like "horny" but I think evil owl is sufficently surreal to be a cult thing...

Anyway, bug Regi, he did it!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Getting rid of the horned one'd be a good start. One step at a time, sweet jesus...

The pink one, the horned one, how many names does he have ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I'm quite partial to the old :f33r: ...,...
    but we are in desprate need of new better ones:ninja: :o

I redid the ev1l owl and took the yellow out of it, so that it will look ok on diff coloured backgrounds. Not quite sure I like it as much, it's like it's lost some of it's ev1lness.
    ph33r.gif

I also changed the colour of the face in the horned smiley.
    horned.gif

Both are awaiting upload.

:f33r:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Lucutus
    I redid the ev1l owl and took the yellow out of it, so that it will look ok on diff coloured backgrounds. Not quite sure I like it as much, it's like it's lost some of it's ev1lness.
    ph33r.gif
    But where is the fear? Black on black don't work - how about highlighting it or something.*

* not that I **really** want it.

Originally posted by Victor
    Black on black don't work - how about highlighting it or something

Good idea, not the greatest of gfx people myself, so thanks for offering, upload it when yer finished and give us all a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

evilowl.gifevilowl4.gif
    evilowl2.gifevilowl3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fheazor.gif

fheazor2.gif

It's really hard to keep it inside 16 x 16, but then again the horned one is bigger than 16 x 16. Take a look at them under Simpsons skin (if you survive the yellow colour).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by DeVore
    had been rejected in the past by an admin, and then put on subsequently by an admin (albeit a different admin)

Yes. You'll find that we have separate bodies and lives too, as well as opinions and tastes.

Personally, I dont like "horny" but I think evil owl is sufficently surreal to be a cult thing...

Anyway, bug Regi, he did it!

DeV.

REEEGIIIIIIII!

Ahh sure i have had my moan :).

Anyways after putting a good bit of time into boards i think the admins have the right to stick in the odd frivilous smiley where they please.

It would be cool if you could put up some of Cults smilies though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I take full responsibility for the request of the Viking smiley, and I was quite shocked that Regi actually added it. But, after seeing this thread, I'm damn glad that he did. Honestly, if a simple little smiley is going to shatter your world, then ffs! What are you tits doing on the internet!?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the little fella, and I dont support the idea of him being there just to annoy you lot, that would just be pointless altogether. It's a very rock/metal centric thing, mind you, and I even want to get a "Boards Vikings" board up and running, as a kind of off-topic type 'sekryt sosyity' for the usual metal gang, and boards drunks alike.

But if the idea of that somehow offends you gormless twits, then by all means, post your rants against it. Its your own time you're wasting really, I mean, what's a bunch of jerks who'd I'd have on my private board going to do to your pretty little internet world? Are we going to burn down your little Village.ie or waste the crops of the other boards?

Honest to god...

• Advertisement

I like cults smileys and will add any that I think are well defined...

DeV.

Advertisement