Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Browser Query

Options
  • 02-10-2003 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Im using opera 7.20 as my default browser. When im using MSN Messenger and a new email comes in or I go to check my email through MSN, it opens up in IE6. If I click on a link in a conversation in MSN, it opens up in opera, if I click on a link in outlook it opens up in opera. The only time IE6 opens up is when I click on the email alert that pops up in the bottom corner of the screen or when I click on my inbox from messenger. Has anyone any ideas how to change this so it opens up in opera? Its not a major problem, just one of them niggly things.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Well, at a random guess I'd say that MS want people to use their browser... you're not actually clicking on a proper hyperlink when you're clicking on your "inbox" or the mail notification, you're clicking on something designed to open IE and display your hotmail inbox.

The other links (e.g. in conversations) work because they're not coded into the program and are treated as proper hyperlinks, so should obey your system preference settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Exactly!
    MS want it that way!

Of course..... you could always add your email-page addy to your Opera Bookmarks.. then when you know you have new mail, just use OPERA to go to the page!
    Ignore the link on your MSN box.:)

OPERA!

Advertisement