Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Ebay??

Options
  • 02-10-2003 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

I see that an Irish ebay has just opened up - I don't know how useful this is going to be because of the small market size. I've picked up some right bargains on the aussie one, so would love to see it work at home.

What are the logistics of ebay launching a European ebay, which could have a market place of comparable size to the US? Obviously postage could be a bit of a mare, but if its viable for the US, surely it could be done for Euroland?

I say this cos anytime i've looked at the UK one, many of the sellers will refuse to post to Ireland

(sorry - don't know if this is on the right forum, but don't know where else to put it - and this is me favourite one!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Ebayireland.com has been around for over a year.

ebay.ie was owned by ebid.ie no less.

The search option on ebayireland will allow you to search for sale items that can be shipped to our shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

If you look at the front page of ebay, it list the various countries that it's set up in.

For instance, I've been using the German one for years.

A pan-european version might be a little tricky due to the so called 'language barrier':D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Expect it to be up and running big-time inside 1-2 years. I expect most of these jobs to be admin / customer support.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1110921#post1110921

• Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

there's always www.buyandsell.ie

Advertisement