Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOH Breakthrough

Options
  • 02-10-2003 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Anyone else played this yet? What are your opinions? I enjoyed the original Allied Assault so I bought the expansion pack as an impulse buy(first time in about 10 years i've bought a game without reading a review, wont be doing it again :rolleyes: ). To me its the most bug ridden game since the original Hidden and Dangerous game(before all the patches). You try and hide behind a tree or a rock and you get stuck to the rock, no matter what you try you cant get moving, have to restart the game, the same thing happens if you try and hide behind a tree, or if you jump over some sandbags to try and take control of a machinegun or anti-aircraft gun.

As for the graphics, they are the worst i've seen in a long time. They appear to have taken 3 stops backwords from allied assault. It could me my graphics card(doubt it, as I played allied assault with no problems on my laptop with a Geforce 4 go card or whatever they are called. Im running an AMD XP 2500, 1GB Ram, 128 MB FX5600 ULTRA graphics card, so it should be well capable of running a game using an engine that old. Objects in the distance appear out of nowhere, the night and desert missions are a joke, unless you are right beside an enemy all you can make out is a grey or beige silouhette, same with trees rocks, vehicles etc etc etc. So if an enemy is standing in front of aanyother backgrround a small distance away, you cant see them. The game is just so unplayable, its a joke. I'll post up some screenshots tonigh and you will see how bad it is.

Has anyone else any experience of this awful game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i got it and to be honest i dont think its as bad as you make out, i lke the fact that in some missions you cant really see the enemy soldiers adds a touch of realism methinks.

I do agree that the scenery pop up is annoying, but i havent been stuck behind a boulder or sandbag yet

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

played the demo and i thaught it was sh|te.
    call of duty is awsome though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I was expecting it to be sh*te, but to be honest, im quite enjoying it. I thought after playing Bf1942 no other WW2 games could touch it. And MOH AAB still cant touch it. *L* But its a good blast, and so far the only bug ive come across, is the piss poor AI on the allied troops you liberate from the prison. They just stood there shooting at nothing while the courtyard flooded with nazis. (Tho i guess that technically isnt a bug). As for the graphics, i thought the were nice, but noticed some bad polygonal tearing on the roads, sh*t like that shouldve been completely eliminated from games by now, i thought it was a hallmark of ye olde Ps1 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Just played the call of duty Demo, absolutely amazing.

Advertisement