Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrestling fans arnt kids

• 02-10-2003 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

i want to prove to my friend that wrestling fans arnt 8 year olds so please vote
    are you
    0-8 years old
    8-16 years old
    16-24 years old
    24-32 years old
    32 or older

what age are you 22 votes

0-8 years old
    0% 0 votes
    8-16 years old
    13% 3 votes
    16-24 years old
    4% 1 vote
    24-32 years old
    45% 10 votes
    32 and older
    36% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Complete bullsh|t, I'm 27 years old and have been watching it since i was 11! I also know two other people, one younger than me and one older who've been watching it for quite a while too!

One is actually registered on boards, i'll get him to do the poll as well! :P

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

well im 28 and have been watching it since i was 11 aswell :f33r:

He's also been eating odlums since he was 11 too! ;)

PHEER THE ODLUMS! :f33r:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

22 years old, people said I'd get sick of it, I say never. I'm gonna be watching it when I'm in the Old Folks Home, hopefully the nurses will look like Stacy and Torrie!!

I remember in the late 90s WWF ran a promo for their shows and it had a load of fogeys in an old folks home.

Davey'll probably the one in the wheelchair screaming "show me the puppies!!" ;)

(said promo can be found on the funniest moments DVD)

Nero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

33 (Only 32 years to retirement!:D )
    Have watched wrestling for years.

Ah I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the oldest regular poster on this board now :)

Nero.
    *points to jongore chanting "old fogey!"*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Young whippersnapper! If it wasn't for this bad hip, I'd chase you down and beat you to death with my zimmerframe:mad:

Young people these days! No repsect for their elders!:rolleyes:

...."why don't you put your false teeth in backwards and eat yourself to death... hahahahaha!"

Just Kidding mate ;)
    Nero

PS: Yer still an old giffer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i'm 23 and have watched it since my age was in single figures. also i know quite a few more in their 20's who also watch it every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Im 16,been watching since i was 4!!!!

Had a cousin who watched,and he told me everything about these guys called Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior,and we watched it and talked about whenever we were visiting each other. Then the stupid bugger decided he was "too old" and started smoking hash instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Although i dont watch wrestling myself i used to, until i grew out of it when i realised it was inane and boring.

This poll is going to be innacurate because of the age group of people who ue boards who in my experience tends to be 16 +.

In Ireland i would say the majority of people who watch wrestling are kids, In america i am sure its different but then again, thats america, the land of the ignorant tard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

im 14 and started watching since i was three. although from when i was 5 to 10 i didnt see any wrestling at all. i would say the majority of people would be in the 8-16 age group. i know a huge amount of people who watch it in this age group . (also i doubt very many people who use boards are o-8 so this poll dosent give a reflection on what age group watches wrestling most . )

Originally posted by Truckle
    This poll is going to be innacurate because of the age group of people who ue boards who in my experience tends to be 16 +.

I disagree, there are a lot of people from the age of 11 up that use the net in general. Now being a mod, you'd know for sure probably the age of people who uses the boards, but it all depends on your definition of a kid is at the end of the day

In Ireland i would say the majority of people who watch wrestling are kids, In america i am sure its different but then again, thats america, the land of the ignorant tard.

Nah, I think you're wrong for two reasons
    1) It's not exactly aimed for kids anymore and if you watched it recently you'd know this. The days of cartoon-ass characters are long gone.

2) Guys i've grown up with who now have kids (as old as 4 and 6) and they will not let their kids watch it. After all, do you really want your kid watching Triple H humping a Corpse? Or an 80 year old Mae Young walking around the ring topless (and scaring most of the men that saw Royal Rumble 2000 for life)

I didn't think so :)
    But then, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Nero

Mae Young at the rumble. thank god for a red x on the screen. took away the impact a bit but i saw enough and that picture is etched into my brain

who put that mark on screen, the wwe or c4

There were actually two versions of the censor.
    C4's version that covered up the majority of it. (which is also used on the Silver Vision version of the DVD)

The Koch Vision (US and Canada version, the one i have) version is different and the X is very transparent and you have the misfortune to see EVERYTHING behind it. Needless to say, i almost threw up my pizza seeing the repeat performance when i bought the DVD off Ebay last month!

There's also a third censor, and thats the one that is shown on Funniest Moments DVD. Whoever found that funny must have been on crack.

Russo, was that you?
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

im 23, have watched for years, used to follow it from the early days of hulkamania, got hooked after wm 3. kinda stopped watchin it during the late ninties (working every weekend an no vcr in the house will do that to yea) but started again roundabouts 2000.

dunno whether i agree with the more adults watching it arguement, as theres always the saturday morning, censored to sht version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I'm 24, so which category do I pick? My age is covered in 2 of them!
    Well thought out poll choices. I guess we know which category you're in.....;)

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    The Koch Vision (US and Canada version, the one i have) version is different and the X is very transparent and you have the misfortune to see EVERYTHING behind it. Needless to say, i almost threw up my pizza seeing the repeat performance when i bought the DVD off Ebay last month!

Nero

Yeah, but you could have skipped that bit if you didn't want to see it.....

I've been watching since WM3 in 1987.

• Advertisement

Well i couldn't at the time it was shown live unfortunately. The censor bar was the same as the Koch Vision version as it was on the live feed. I skipped through it on the repeat.

Sorry for not clearing that up earlier.
    Nero

Yeah but you said you nearly threw up when your saw the "REPEAT PERFORMANCE" which means you watched it AGAIN, even though you knew what was coming up.

Try:
    www.grannypictures.com
    It seems to be your cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

I really don't think it's for kids. I'm 19 and nearly all my friend watch it and have done for years. For a PPV we all chip in to get in on box office go to someone's house, get a few cans and have a laugh. Also even if its not a ppv we watch em a 1.30 on ss2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'm 18 and have watched it for about 4-5 years now! Have a lot of friends (17/18/19) who watch it too

Originally posted by herbie747
    Yeah but you said you nearly threw up when your saw the "REPEAT PERFORMANCE" which means you watched it AGAIN, even though you knew what was coming up.

Try:
    www.grannypictures.com
    It seems to be your cup of tea.

I was watching BB!!! Come on, she was hot! then Mae comes legging it down and to my stupidity, i hit fwd instead of chapter skip!!!

Nero.

Advertisement