Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bach's Flower Remedies

• 02-10-2003 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I recently visited an holistic therapist for stress and constant vomiting and he recommended that I take a mixture of these remedies in water. I have tried everything that my own GP has given me and am due to go into hospital for a gastroscopy soon so I am willing to try anything at this stage, it's just that I can't help feeling a bit sceptical.
    Has anyone used them before or had any experience of them?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    Has anyone used them before or had any experience of them?

It would be useful to know what he prescribed in order for people to comment
    I do not see why natural remedies cannot be of help, they have been around in nature since the dawn of time, why not go the natural way?
    Plus, how many drugs out there are actually derived from plant extracts etc…
    You have nothing to loose by giving it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

holistic medicine? is that the one where they dilute the active ingredient to such an extent that it is no longer present in the solvent? They rely on the "memory" of water?

I have never tried it myself, as it *sounds* like a load of hogwash. maybe you shuld go with homeopathy, that has more going for it than holistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Always discuss complementary medicine with your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    It would be useful to know what he prescribed in order for people to comment

Rescue remedy, agrimony and walnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

rescue remedy is the sh!t, it always does the trick for me when i am stressing, dont put it water though, 4 drops onto your tounge - much more effective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Rescue remedy contains alochol if you read the label!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Rescue remedy appears to be good, I know a few who use it.
    & one or two will continue to use it as they cannot manage their stress, or haven't a clue as to whats causing it ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Hmmn,

Rescue remedy is ok for stress. Have heard that evening primrose is much better. Try burning some lavender oil in the evening before you switch the light out as well, I find that helps.

Additionally, green tea or peppermint tea can help with the vomiting etc and generally give you a good feeling about yourself.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Cheers Kell, I'll try the tea.

Advertisement