Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Squad named!

• 02-10-2003 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=1736445&p=y73646x&n=1736537&x=

Given (Newcastle), Colgan (Stockport), Murphy (West Brom); Carr (Tottenham), Finnan (Liverpool), Breen (Sunderland), Harte (Leeds), O’Brien (Newcastle), O’Shea (Man Utd); Carsley (Everton), Healy (Sunderland), Holland (Charlton), Kavanagh (Cardiff), Kinsella (Aston Villa), McPhail (Nott’m For), Reid (Blackburn), Kilbane (Everton); Connolly (West Ham), Doherty (Tottenham), Duff (Chelsea), Keane (Tottenham), Morrison (Birmingham).

Kavanagh and Andy Reid called up but no Miller:( .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by eireboy
    Kavanagh and Andy Reid called up but no Miller:( .

that Reid is Steven Reid (Blackburn Rovers)... not Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He has called up 9 midfielders and only 4/5 will play so that is odd. Also Breen will be playing alongside O'Brien, O'Shea or Doherty. He should have dropped one or two midfield players since he called in two. Its amazing how bad we play in the centre of midfield when that is probably the position where we have most choice. O'Shea seems to be playing for at centre half for United a bit now so I hope he plays there for Ireland to make room for Finnan on the left who is playing really well for the Pool.

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    that Reid is Steven Reid (Blackburn Rovers)... not Andy
    this has confused me. read the link i posted:
    Cardiff City skipper Graham Kavanagh and Notts Forest's Andy Reid have been called into the Republic of Ireland squad for the make or break Euro qualifier against Switzerland on Saturday week.
    I'd reckon it is Stephen Reid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It is Stephen not Andy,
    Link.

Bit suprised that Miller wasn't called up, he's taken some part in every Celtic game this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by jongore

Bit suprised that Miller wasn't called up, he's taken some part in every Celtic game this year.

Ya and Kinsella is only a fringe player with Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Aindriu

what are our chances of winning?

lets hope our boys can do the business!

Miller has to secure first team football doesnt he?

COME ON IRLANDA !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

its about time kavanagh has been called up again he works a lot harder than kinsella, holland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Givan

Carr--Breen--O'Shea--Finnan

Reid--Healy--Carsley/Kavanagh--Duff

Keane--Morrison

That's my line up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I would have to disagree with you there Jonno. I don't think Carsley can do the business and Healy is really just like a mini-Matt Holland. I think Holland and Kinsella will get the nod in the centre with Duffer and Kilbane on the wings.

I am heading over to see the game, it's my first away international, I hope we can take the 3 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Saw Andy Reid and McPhail play on Wednesday and they didn't have a very good game at all. Thompson though played very very well, if Ireland are in need of some cover for centre back then you should have a look at Thompson.

• Advertisement

This is would be my lineup:

Given

Carr
    Breen----O'Shea----Finnan

Duff----Holland----Kavanagh----Kilbane

Keane
    Connolly

I don't know if O'Shea will play in centre half since he never played there for Ireland but O'Brien didn't have a good game against Turkey and we can't leave out the on-form Finnan or Carr for that matter. Also, O'Shea has been playing CB for United recently.

Duff played excellent for the 45 minutes on the right against Turkey so I think he will be starting there for us against the Swizz. Holland is nearly a definite starter even though he's the Neil Lennon of the Republic but he has to get his international form back one day just like Kilbane did. I don't think Kerr will start Kinsella since he can't get his game for Villa therefore its between Healy, Mcphail, Carsey and Kavanagh and Kavanagh would be my pick judging by club form. And on the left we can't leave Kilbane out on the form he's on now, lets hope he gets a goal or two for Everton before the big game.

Up front, well obviously Keane is playing and then its between Connolly and Morrison and eh, Doherty. Kerr gave Connolly a full game against the Turks and he got man of the match while Doherty played sh!t so I think Connolly's safe to start.

Picking the two central midfielders to start is like picking Chelsea's starting eleven. I just hope Kinsella doesn't play. Anyone else with Holland and I will be happy.

BTW what the hell is this smiley > :f33r: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Oh my god i cant believe the hypocracy of brian kerr. He includes Carsley whos playing in the everton reserves yet Miller who scored a goal at the pinacle of world football-the champions league doesnt even get a look in.

Anyway hope the team looks like this.

Given

Carr
    Breen
    O`Shea
    Harte

Duff
    Healy
    Holland
    Kilbane

Keane
    Morrisson

The Breen/O`shea centre back combo worked well in the friendly against scotland. Kilbane is a good choice for LM as he was consistent against switzerland plus Duff is needed on the right as Miller isnt included, carsely`s playing reserve team football and Reid is unproven at the highest level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    Oh my god i cant believe the hypocracy of brian kerr. He includes Carsley whos playing in the everton reserves yet Miller who scored a goal at the pinacle of world football-the champions league doesnt even get a look in.

exactly.

hass kerr gone mad alreadY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Originally posted by AngelofFire

Get a grip. Miller only has a handful of club games to his name, has never been tested at this level and this crunch game v Switzerland certainly isn't the match to begin that process.

Despite what you may believe Kerr has worked with Miller at underage level and knows the player better than all of us so he'll know when the time is right to introduce him to the squad (but even I can tell you that next Saturday is not it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

^^^ exactly

this match is gonna decide whether we have a hope of going to Euro 2004 or not its not the right time at all to be giving young players there debuts get a grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i agree miller shouldnt be starting against the swiss but international squad experience surely would benefit the lad. being in the squad training with the likes of duff and keane, o'shea, given etc....

kerr has made a wrong decision here. miller is performing better than holland and kinsella plus kilbane and healy. what does kerr want him to do to be picked?? he's played an old firm derby and shone, scored a crucial goal in the champions league and been consistent in the spl for the opening 7/8games.

ignoring miller proves kerr wont trust youth or take risks, thats not a good sign for a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm baffled by Miller's omission from the squad too. I know the debate about how the SPL stacks up against the Premiership will rage on but Kavanagh was recently in division 2. Granted he has stepped up to the first division and is playing very well there but he's no spring chicken and I doubt he will ever play in the premiership.
    Kavanagh will be lucky to kick a ball in this game, so from that point of view I think a chance for Miller to at least be part of the squad would be a good idea.

Originally posted by milltown

Kavanagh will be lucky to kick a ball in this game
    Let me assure you, Kerr didn't pick Kavanagh just to have him collecting the balls after training. He obviously forsees a scenario where he might have to call the guy onto the pitch otherwise he wouldn't have bothered ending his international exile in the first place.
    Originally posted by smemon
    ignoring miller proves kerr wont trust youth or take risks
    Congratulations, that is the single most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum.

Originally posted by Oswald Osbourne
    Congratulations, that is the single most stupid thing I have ever read on this forum.
    I agree.;)

Yeah, Kerr and youth go together like Monty Phyton and dead parrots!

• Advertisement

laugh all u want but kerr has yet to introduce a new young player to the irish setup fulltime. his starting 11 have not surprised anyone and he wont include andy reid, alan quinn, miller.....

kavanagh is a step backwards, he's playing well but too old. i would have thought being with the youths for so long, kerr would have brought in another new generation to fit in with the duff's, o shea's, keane's etc...

im not pleased with performances under kerr, sooner or later results will turn and i wont be one bit surprised. 10 games without defeat, im still not impressed. results aren't everything. luck has played a huge part in 3 or 4 games. i just hope we can beat the swiss by actualy playing football and none of this tactical rubbish playing duff on the right to accomodate kilbane.

smemmon if u remember under mCcarthy oshea only had 2 caps(both from the bench) and this was at a time when he was winning man of the match against chealsea and playing a good few games for united. So starting to play osea was giving youth a chance wasnt it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

miller will get his chance but the game is too important to select him for the squad he just doesnt have the international experience

kerr came in halfway through the european qualifiers sorry but u dont suddenly start giving young players debuts in important games like these thats not how it works you stick with the more experienced group players mixed in with players like o'shea, finnan, duff , keane who can grind out results if nessecary

players like miller, andy reid , quinn , mcphail, elliot will all get their chance in plenty of time for either euro 2004 but more than likely the next world cup qualifiers will be their time to shine and when they do start playing and Kerr has time to nuture them into international footballers we will have an incredible team built around youth but right now is not the time to take stupid risks

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

I can't believe some of the BS being talked about here.
    I can't believe that people are saying that not alone should Liam Miller be in the squad but should start the game against Switzerland.
    This is just plain BS of the highest order. The lads who are currently in the squad are by and large the players who played in the WC and did quite well and have got Ireland back into the reckoning for Portugal after a bad start.
    They deserve to finish the job.
    Miller hasn't done enough to replace Kinsella, Holland or Healy in midfield. These lads are having varying success at club level but they have proven that they are upto international football.

well i just think ireland wont have their best 11 on the pitch against the swiss. and it would be a real pity if we lost. o'shea was hardly given a chance by kerr, an idiot would know o 'shea is better than harte, every fan bar mc carthy would play o'shea there.

away against the swiss is a tough task. but miller played in ibrox for celtic, atmosphere's and matches come no important or bigger than that.

i hope im wrong and we hammer the swiss, top the group and can look forward to portugal but i think a draw is the best result we can get. midfield is SO weak and lightweight. holland and carsley, kinsella whoever plays must be strong and aggresive. this game requires a jack charlton attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Huh? Hasn't Kerr picked O'Shea in every game he's been available?

How was he not given a chance?

Who do you think our best 11 available international players are?

o' shea has been given a chance, by mc carthy not kerr. everyone in the country would have played o'shea instead of harte so i dont think kerr deserves praise for giving o'shea 'a chance'.

our best 11 is:
    ___________________given____________

_____carr ______o'shea____o'brien____finnan__

___s.reid_______miller________healy_______ a.reid

____________________duff____________

___________________keane___________

o' shea has been given a chance, by mc carthy not kerr. everyone in the country would have played o'shea instead of harte so i dont think kerr deserves praise for giving o'shea 'a chance'.

our best 11 is:

Hrmmm, but Kerr didn't pick Harte over O'Shea, so whats the problem?

O'brien has always looked suspect for Ireland, but in the absence of cunningham I'd probably pick him.

Andy Reid and Miller have no international experience whatsoever. I'm a Forest fan an deven I'd acknowledge that Reid would need a few friendlies before he'd be near ready to play. Certainly not for such a big game, nor miller. Neither have actually done anything to warrent starting for Ireland.

Stephen Reid has been off form of late too and I'm still not convinced about Healy.

never mind about the harte, o'shea thing, its been taken the wrong way.

anyway, kinsella and holland have been poor for club and country lately, thats when they've managed to play. holland pehaps has something left in him but kinsella is well past it, cant get a game for club and it shows for ireland.

andy reid looks a class player, although i agree, that certainly wouldnt have been my first 11 against the swiss but i'd have all of them in the squad anyway. for the turkey friendly i think all those players should have got a chance.

• Advertisement

never mind about the harte, o'shea thing, its been taken the wrong way.

anyway, kinsella and holland have been poor for club and country lately, thats when they've managed to play. holland pehaps has something left in him but kinsella is well past it, cant get a game for club and it shows for ireland.

andy reid looks a class player, although i agree, that certainly wouldnt have been my first 11 against the swiss but i'd have all of them in the squad anyway. for the turkey friendly i think all those players should have got a chance.

Yeah.. I think Holland is playing quite well at the moment, he did very well against Pool and was excellent the week before that.

Andy Reid has come one in leaps and bounds this season and I even think he may work out as a makeshift forward in the Bergkamp mould.

Would liked to have seen McPhail get a game against turkey more than anyone. He's been outstandng for Forest and really is the sort of player we need for Ireland. He's learned to tackle and is full of confidence. Hopefully A. Reid and McPhail will get a chance after the Swiss game.

That's just scary!

Put those four out on the pitch together next Saturday and you might as kiss our chances goodbye before kick-off.

In fact I'd be surprised if either Steven Reid or Healy (who are in the squad) start v Switzerland either.

I thought you were a bit pie-in-the-sky for wanting Miller in the squad (let alone in the 11) but now I'm just wondering if you've ever actually watched an Ireland match at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

smemon, I have to say, almost every post you have contributed to this thread has been complete and utter ****e.
    steven reid, andy reid, miller and healy in midfield? Are you having a laugh?

Im not even going to comment on brian kerr and youth.

Given, Carr, O'Shea, Finnan, Duff and Keane would be the only players you have chosen that I would have in the starting lineup. O'Brien is not a very good defender in my opinion and Breen never lets us down, and he is also one of the top scorers in the Ireland squad at the moment.

Midfield, Stephen Reid is playing sh!t at the moment for Blackburn and Ireland. Miller has no experience playing with any of these players (except with Healy in the Celtic reserves) and can't be plunged into a game like this with no experience. Healy has played one good game for Ireland and thats it and he will have to start playing well at club level before been given another chance at the big stage. Andy Reid also has no experience and Kevin Kilbane is, at the moment, one of our top three players who cannot be left out on his recent form.

As shown in the game against Turkey Duff played well on the right and Connelly got MOM up front so that is where they will play against the Swizz.

there are only a few players who are guaranteed a place in the staring eleven in my opinion and they are Given, Breen, Duff, Holland, Kilbane and Keane. While Connelly, Carr and O'Shea and maybe Finnan look like starting too. So the most difficult postion to predict is the centre midfield, although Kerr has already said that Holland will be captain so he's left with a choice between the other central midfielders and in my opinion Kavanagh will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

I am always bamboozled by fans of the Irish soccer team who believe press hype over a new young player and immediately want to throw him into the next match.
    This time is bordering on insanity to even suggest that Miller or Andy Reid should be in the starting line up for such an important game.
    if there was ever a game not to give a young player with potential his senior debut then this is it.

It's a make or break game, away from home.
    How can you comtemplate giving not just one but two players their senior debuts.
    Me thinks that these guys are playing too much Championship manager.

Mark Kennedy was fairly new to the international scene when McCarthy's wisdom decreed that he should play behind a front 2 against Belgium IIRC. He had to be substituted fairly early. Is it just a coincidence then that Kennedy has not lived up to his potential after this match.

Maybe it's stretching it a bit to suggest this but again that game was at home. There was a margin of error there in that there would be a second chance in the return leg.

If Miller and Andy Reid were to play on Saturday and didn't perform and hadn to be substituted early how will that effect not just Irelands chances but their development overall.
    It's just a crazy idea that only a gullible armchair football fan who believes the media hype.

My Team for Saturday is:

Given - GK
    Carr - DR
    O'Shea - DC
    Breen - DC
    Finnan - DL
    Duff - MR
    Holland - MC
    Healy - MC
    Kilbane - ML
    Connolly/Morrisson - FC
    Keane - FC

I think that Breen has to be included because of his experience. Neither Dunne nor O'Brien fill me with confidence when they play for IReland and maybe a few friendlies will help them settle. Finnan HAS to play at left back. We need O'Shea in the centre and it is wher ehe plays best.

I'd put Duff on the right and Kilbane on the left merely because Duff is a danger no matter where he plays and Kilbane is the best of the rest in terms of other wing options.

Holland is playing well for Charlton imho and deserved inclusion. I'm really not happy about Healy, but don't see any other vaible option.

Finally I don't know about Connolly or Morrison. Connolly has great link up play and with Duff and Keane in the team I think when Ireland play it on the ground he does well. Morrison is alot more direct and is really a direct striker. I guess its a toss up between the two depending on what style we play. Given the lack of pace the Swiss have, maybe Chliontáin is the only man for the job.

• Advertisement

Morrison is not getting his game for Birmingham at the moment so I think Connolly would be a safer option. The team that I said in an earlier post is the same as Skyeirls except that I have Kavanagh in instead of Healy as he has a lot more experience and he is more of a leader who will be really trying to impress Kerr as he's playing for him for the first time.

BTW Skyeirl, Dunne isn't even in the squad as he's injured so its between O'Shea, O'Brien and Doherty to partner Breen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

..................Given..................
    Carr...Breen...O'Shea...Finnan

Reid...Carsley...Holland...Duff

...Keane...Morrison...

I know Carsley isn't great, but I'm not a big fan of Healy.

edit* Very true Tellox. He's probably only a kid though; he's posted some terribly silly waffle in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

ignoring miller proves kerr wont trust youth

Come on! The whole team has an average age of around 24! Of course he trusts youths, they're the key to our success in international football in the next 6 years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by sykeirl
    My Team for Saturday is:

Given - GK
    Carr - DR
    O'Shea - DC
    Breen - DC
    Finnan - DL
    Duff - MR
    Holland - MC
    Healy - MC
    Kilbane - ML
    Connolly/Morrisson - FC
    Keane - FC

I think that Breen has to be included because of his experience. Neither Dunne nor O'Brien fill me with confidence when they play for IReland and maybe a few friendlies will help them settle. Finnan HAS to play at left back. We need O'Shea in the centre and it is wher ehe plays best.

I'd put Duff on the right and Kilbane on the left merely because Duff is a danger no matter where he plays and Kilbane is the best of the rest in terms of other wing options.

Holland is playing well for Charlton imho and deserved inclusion. I'm really not happy about Healy, but don't see any other vaible option.

Finally I don't know about Connolly or Morrison. Connolly has great link up play and with Duff and Keane in the team I think when Ireland play it on the ground he does well. Morrison is alot more direct and is really a direct striker. I guess its a toss up between the two depending on what style we play. Given the lack of pace the Swiss have, maybe Chliontáin is the only man for the job.

Have to agree totaly (A rare thing) I'd prob give the edge to Connolly as he is playing with his club, Morrison would be good for twenty minutes at the end if we needed to chase the game.

Kilbane was MOM in the last game and deserves his place.

The argument for Miller being in the squad could be made but any idea of starting him is ludicrous. He has yet to win a cap but I'd like to see him and a few of the 21s being promoted to the senior squad for the experience it'd bring.

But the long and the short of it is I don't think that any side we could currently put out will beat the Swiss in Zurich (I hope I'm proved wrong:cool: )

gary breen is a joke, almost every goal we concede is down to gary breen's lack of pace and marking. he has poor strength at times and can also be a bit clumsy.

o'brien is a solid centre back with chmaps league experience and in a top 3 side in the premierleague. miller is so under-rated by some people here, healy i agree hasn't played well the last few matches for ireland but he has talent, and hunger, stamina that the likes of kinsella and kavanagh just dont have anymore.

i wouldnt play the 11 above against the swiss, because they dont know each other's game. we should have given them a few caps before now. the squad is getting too old, not enough fresh faces are being brought in. its virtually the same squad over and over for every competitive match.

• Advertisement

im anewcastle fan and i dont believe obrien is good enough.
    Miller isnt underated by us he just cant get his first cap in such an important game it would be too risky .I dont think u can doubt kavanagh's hunger , he has a lot more than healy.

As some1 said the average age is around 24 how is it too old ?

id put connoly up front with keane.

i dont think kavangh will start (id like him to ) because its been a while since he's been in the team but i do believe he could be brought on if thins arent going right or if theres an injury.

I think if O'Brien was given a few games he may be good enough, bu at present I'd rather have Breen then an inexperienced and often nervy O'Brien.

Its beginning to look good for us. The swiss have some serious injury problems if news repors are to be believed and the russians seem to be hit pretty badly too!

Lets just hope Hakan Yakin is injured and Averladze fires in a few against the Russians. If Yakin is injured the odds would be halfed on irelands part.

Funny you should say that!

From UEFA.com :
    Yakin doubt
    Switzerland playmaker Hakan Yakin's participation in his country's Group 10 qualifier against Republic of Ireland is also in doubt after he picked up an ankle injury, his club FC Basel said on Saturday. Yakin was substituted at half-time during Basel's 3-1 win at Neuchâtel Xamax FC on Thursday, and has since had his ankle heavily strapped following treatment.

'Thirty per cent chance'
    Yakin's doctor Heinz Bühlmann told Swiss daily Blick that his patient's chances of facing the Irish at Saint Jakob Park are no better than 30 per cent. "Yakin must have his ankle taped until at least Monday," Bühlmann said. "At the earliest, it will be Tuesday when he can run in training."

they also seem to be missing Ludovic Magnin and cabanas is suspended!

well whatever happens we better win! at the start of the group i said, handy, finish top no bother. when keano left i said play-off's at best so if we get the play-offs i'll be happy.

i'd LOVE to get england, its be 6/7 years since we last played them, the time they had a fit when they were losing. next to the old firm, that has to be the 2nd biggest fixture in the world for me.

somehow i think uefa would fix the playoffs if ireland and england were in them.

somehow i think uefa would fix the playoffs if ireland and england were in them.
    well the draw is done live on TV so I don't think that will happen to be honest.

Anyway, back on topic. I knew Yakin was a doubt but I didn't know he only had a 30% chance of playing. That is brilliant news for us. Yakin is more important to Switzerland than Duff is for us or Zidane is for France. The whole team is built around him. He is given his position behind the front two where he flys all over the pitch, even our best player Duff will probably have to settle for a place on the right wing. When Yakin is out the formation is usually changed around and that isn't good for the Swizz.

The Swizz have also conceded 6 goals in there last 2 matches while it took us 7 matches (from the Georgia away win in March to the Turkey draw last month) to concede six goals which is a good sign but we are missing Cunningham:( . If they play Henchoz it will be good for us but it looks like he will be dropped.

We are 10/1 to win the group and it looks like i will be putting a tenner on that. If we beat Switzerland and Russia draw or lose against Georgia, we win the group. The new Russia manager is bringing in a lot of youth to the sqaud for a vital match like this and he has dropped or was forced to leave out 6 of the players in the original squad and he now has a squad of 18. There is no pressure on Georgia as they cannot qualify and they aren't in front of there own crowd so I feel they can get something out of the game with players like Arveladze and Nemsadze in the team although Kaladze is injured which is a big blow. But they do have a few players who play in the Russian league.

Also, the assistant ref is the referee that ref'd Ireland -v-Spain and gave us two peno's, its a pity that he isn't the actual ref as he seems to like Ireland.

BTW I read somewhere today that the Switzerland are the only country in group ten to have the same manager all through the qualifiers.

BTW I read somewhere today that the Switzerland are the only country in group ten to have the same manager all through the qualifiers.

Yeah that's the truth :horned:

The Swizz defender, Magnin who scored an Own goal when we played Switzerland will be out of the match on Saturday with an injury. I don't know if he's a good player but he was also injured for the Russia match last month when they conceded four goals and he could have only made there defence better so it has to be good news for us.

Bad news though, Arveladze is a doubt to play for Georgia on Saturday so we might have to settle for a playoff if we win (which is more than we deserve).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Andy Reid has been put on standby :D

Originally posted by Ping Chow Chi
    Andy Reid has been put on standby :D
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement