Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb / New Packages

Options
  • 02-10-2003 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey,

With all the other providers dropping the install fee and such, has anyone heard if Digiweb are following them with such offers?

They are launching in my area soon and they are lacking the 'triggering' price.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Their Installation cost is STILL €1,144 + VAT for the base package, including all equipment, see Here . Remember that the requipment is yours after a year but it has no resale or reuse value as I understand it.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

The major problem with two-way is justifying the startup costs. As Muck correctly pointed out, it has no resale value really. And since theres three (if I remember correctly) standards for VSAT, your chances of finding another 2-way ISP who'll A) Support your hardware. 2) Allow you to use your own hardware, are quite slim. That, coupled with the doubling of lag which is already quite high, turns me off of the idea. While it'd be nice to get away from landlines altogether, the cost of a 2-way setup is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I think he was referring to Digiwebs wireless package...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

Sorry peeps I should have said, its their wireless option with the €199 install fee and then €45 per month.

Wireless Options

K

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Ahh, apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Krouc
    Sorry peeps I should have said, its their wireless option with the €199 install fee and then €45 per month.

Wireless Options

K

There is no Digiweb product available at those prices, Digiweb will add VAT onto everything on theri website, please recalculate and restate.

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Nuphor
    And since theres three (if I remember correctly) standards for VSAT, your chances of finding another 2-way ISP who'll A) Support your hardware. 2) Allow you to use your own hardware, are quite slim.
    Off-topic now, but: Gilat is Gilat. Lots of people reselling Gilat.

adam

There is no Digiweb product available at those prices, Digiweb will add VAT onto everything on theri website, please recalculate and restate.

Nevermind the vat! Thats nothing compared to the install fee. €45+vat a month, inline with most of the others.
    I just want to know if they're going to be dropping the install fee to help with the uptake like the others.

They browse the boards so hopefully I can get an answer...

K

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Why not ring or email? Seems a more direct approach.

Why not ring or email? Seems a more direct approach.

That was done a few days ago. They aint the quickest when it comes to getting back to people. Prolly cos they are busy. Their website doesnt seem to get updated all that often. Just thought someone may have been incontact with them and so on...

K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Off-topic now, but: Gilat is Gilat. Lots of people reselling Gilat.

adam

They are now known as Satlynx in Europe--www.satlynx.com

It should be possible to change service providers using your own kit, at least if you have the "right connections". I know of several people who managed to do it.

Advertisement