Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help.

• 02-10-2003 6:34pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys im getting crashes while gaming online onlyfor a while now.
    Ive made a few system restore points at various stages of installing stuff so i could go back to a point before crashing started .
    To the best of my knowledge my crashes are ok ie i get none before i install my steering wheel [including latest drivers].
    As soon as i install it crashes happen again while gaming online.
    I had a look for conflicts but windows says theres nonebut when i look into system information/hardware resourses/conflict sharing the following shows up.

IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X
    IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2
    IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE

IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7
    IRQ 18 ISDN PCI Card
    IRQ 18 Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers

Note the isdn card is sharing with the Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7 ,which i think is where my wheel is plugged in to.

Im thinking that reason im crashing online only is because of this?
    I can game all day offline no hassle or surf online but after a month testing im confident it only happens gaming online.
    What i need to know am i on the right track with the assumption about isdn card and usb controller sharing 18?

Can i correct this by using a different usb port for the wheel?
    Only problem is the other usb controllers share with either the GF4 graphics card or the isdn card.
    Im probably way off target here guys but im no expert ,what you kind folk think?

SPEC:

P4 2.8 ghz 800 fsb,512 DDR 3200,GF4 ti 4200,win XP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Can you manually change the interrupts to ones that aren't in conflict?

ACPI is a feature on some motherboards that allow more IRQs for the operating system to use. So if you don't have enough, make sure you have this enabled. I think it can be checked in the bios.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks m8 i tried that but is still the same:(
    Its wrecking my head now *** :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I forgot to mention, you have to reinstall/repair windows xp if you have changed it from disabled to enabled and vice versa.

Also, try updating the drivers for devices on the same IRQ. Shot in the dark but all I can think of right now.

Advertisement