Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Word (default language)

Options
  • 02-10-2003 6:45pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know this is not a OS question as such, however...

My copy of MS Word keeps changing back the “Set Language” to US. This happens a lot when I paste things into Word. Is there any way to keep it set at another language?

(I have tried setting it as default in Tools - Language - Set Language)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Some MS progs use the computer settings.

Change the "Regional Settings" inside the Control Panel to "English Ireland"

That should do the trick.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by FreeHost
    Some MS progs use the computer settings.

Change the "Regional Settings" inside the Control Panel to "English Ireland"

That should do the trick.

I had my regional and language setting to English (Ireland).

However when I was looking in XP's Regional and Language Options I did find "Language for non-Unicode programs" which was set to US - I've changed it English (Ireland), so I hope that works.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You have to update the normal template
    set as default - note only affects new docs

and all old documents have to be changed one by one.
    file - open - Ctrl-A to select all
    then tools language to mark selected text save - repeat

remember you can have multiple languages in the same doc...

Advertisement