Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live - Direct Conection?

Options
  • 02-10-2003 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Ordered Eircoms broadband and im going to get xbox live. I was wondering if anybody uses a direct connection or do I hav to go and buy router? And is it easy to set up...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

hi drmorphine,

i'v been on live for 4 months now and for the first month i used a direct connection , i have eircom i-stream starter and in the xbox network settings you got to pppoe settings and enter your username and password ( the one's eircom give you ) this worked with no problems.

i only had connection problems when i bought a router let the xbox get the settings automatically , that never worked the info had to be entered manually, but since then i'v had no problems and i'm playing on live via a wireless home network now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

do u hav to get info off eircom to put in settings....like ip's and all that other stuff..im definitly getting it cause ordered bb and its coming:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

when you get your BB eircom give you a username and a password ,it's this info you put into your xbox pppoe settings.

Advertisement