Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get free money from Microsoft?

• 03-10-2003 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but ney.
    I was looking at one of my favourite sites just now www.bluesnews.com and under "Morning Tech Bits [October 02, 2003, 10:59 AM EDT]" theres an item about Lindows to Microsoft Buzz Off. which describes
    San Diego-based Lindows, which sells a Linux-based operating system, said Microsoft sent it a letter Friday ordering it to take down the site, MSfreePC.com ,
    and under the faq's theres a question
    Will this program be available for other states besides California?
    Today, the MSfreePC Program is used with the $1.1 settlement between Microsoft and the claimants in California. Many other states and countries are each pursuing their own remedies. MSfreePC may be able to work for future settlements in other areas, but at this time, it is only available in conjunction with the $1.1 billion California settlement.
    i was wondering does anyone know where to get a form for Ireland to get a share of the $1.1 Billion Settlement before March 2004.
    From what i can gather
    www.microsoftcalsettlement.com/index.htm
    is where people from California can get their form,
    I tried filling the form out with some dummy info but got an error when the pdf file was parsed to me.
    Theres some more info about this on
    http://www.townsend.com/media/microsoft.html#Claim
    theres supposed to be two different forms one for standard licences and one for volume licences.
    Qualifing products for the claim are Windows, MS-DOS, Office, Excel, Word, Works Suite or Home Essentials 97 or 98.
    Oh by the way after March 2004 the money that people dont claim out of the settlement Microsoft get to keep dont let them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The settlement was made with California state, so you can only claim if you're a resident.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Gorgon your not very smart are you?

Advertisement