Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arghh which fone??

• 03-10-2003 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

off into town to buy myself a nice new fone! thinking 3650 as want mms and stuff but wondering what peoples experience is texting with that keypad?

also how does it compare with the T610?

finally anywhere in dublin do cheap bluetooth adapters?

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

The 3650 is an excellant phone. I've one for about 6 months now. I couldn't live without it!

The cheapest place in Dublin for a bluetooth adapter that I have seen is Maplin. They are doing them for about €50. Dunno what the quaility is like though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have been using the T610 since it came out in June and it rocks, you get over the 2MB of user space.

The new version of Firmware R3C002 compresses the size of pictures even more and it also speeds up Java.

Nokias are a waste, the T610 is the best selling mobile europe at the moment, there is pretty much everything you want on it.

Piece of advise!! VF wont turn you on to VF live as the T610 isnt approved so just tell them you have a T68i and they will turn you on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

+4Mb of space
    +takes MMC Cards
    +triband

Too tired to write more

Size (HxWxD) and weight 102 x 44 x 19mm and 95 gramos

Color / Aluminum Haze, Abyss Blue and Volcanic Red

Network GSM Triband 900/1800/1900

WAP / GPRS 2.0 /

Battery Lithium Polymers 750 mAh
    315 hours standby (13 days), 13 hours talk

Vibration

Infrared / Bluetooth /

Display 128x160 pixeles, 65.535 colores, STN

Background / Screensaver /

Memory 2mb dynamic (for the user) memory
    + 100 SMS memory + 510 contacts memory

Polyphonic sound 32-tone

JAVA / Mophun games /

Themes

T9 (Predictive text) / Long SMS /

Email

EMS / MMS /

Organizer Calendar

Synchronization

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

billbond4: how did you upgrade your firmware?

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Im over in Denmark at the moment, so i can just walk into a mobile service shop and they can do it for me there and then.
    It take 20 to 30 minutes.
    And as the phone is still under warranty its free !!

I think Sigma Communications can do it for you in Dublin.
    But make sure to tell them what version of SW you want on your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Gunn4r
    off into town to buy myself a nice new fone! thinking 3650 as want mms and stuff but wondering what peoples experience is texting with that keypad?

if you can get over the form factor / design it is a great handset - running the Symbian OS there are many applications available to enhance the functionality - do a search back though the boards for examples

also how does it compare with the T610?

compared to the T610 - 3650 is massive, screen isn't as good, and the accessories aren't as innovative / good - however, as stated above, the 3650 is massively expandable with symbian applications and it has loads the option of memory expansion with MMC cards

finally anywhere in dublin do cheap bluetooth adapters?

be careful... make sure you will get the Widcomm based Bluetooth software for the PC - otherwise your experience can be a little more difficult with other Bluetooth implementations - TDK would be one of the best in terms of quality and support

You should compare the Nokia to the P800 more so than the T610.

well the P800 may be better compared to the likes of an XDA or Treo - it's really aimed at the professional user - the 3650 is more trendy/youth focused phone

if the keys are a real turn off - then the (leaked) 3660 has an alternative layout more details at mobileburn.com [link]

36602.jpg

granted the P800 and 3650 each run a Symbain based OS, but under their respective User Interfaces - they are however aimed at different target markets and differ very much in how to use / operate each device

atb,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

To be honest, it's a bit pointless to compare the T610 to the 3650 due to obvious size & memory differences which have been mentioned above.

You might want to take a look at the Siemens S55. It's along the same lines as the T610, MMS, Bluetooth, small & light etc. I saw the S55 bundled with the excellent clip-on camera attachment for under 200STG on expansys.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

4get em both and get the Motorola V600! :D.

[URL=http://images.google.ie/images?q=tbn:jIOQic25kbAC:www.teltarif.de/arch/2002/kw39/v600.jpg]V600[/URL]

Originally posted by sci0x
    get the Motorola V600!
    Speaking from experience, it's a bucket of Pooh. Winnie style.

Originally posted by Fidelis
    You might want to take a look at the Siemens S55. It's along the same lines as the T610

hmm - T68i vs S55 sure the Siemens get's it - but the T610 would definately come in first for me in that competition - better screen / better accessories / better UI and software system...

if the choice was between a 3650 or T610 but want's to consider a Siemens (and a more enhanced OS), then the SX1 would be a good one to look at when it arrives (SIMfree)... supposed to be before end of year.. it had better be at this stage...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Speaking from experience, it's a bucket of Pooh. Winnie style.

In what ways? I have no experience of it but i think it looks class. Its compact, integrated camera, multimedia messaging, 64,000 colour screen, polyphonic ring tones, bluetooth, quad band etc. In what ways did u find it a "bucket of Pooh"?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

Believe it or not the panasonic gd87 is the best handset i have used but some ppl might not think so,if you are looking at the likes of the p800 you might want to wait till the xda2 is released,now that is a nice handset,just have a look at the thread on it

Regards:ninja:

Originally posted by sci0x
    In what ways did u find it a "bucket of Pooh"?
    The only half interesting thing I found about the V600 was the fact that it was the first quad-band phone I'd ever used, and the forth band only come's into effect in parts of America.

I should really stop giving opinions on protype phones, the problems are generally sorted by the time they come onto the market :)

But anyways, I asked Motorola about the battery life of the V600 & V525 (the V525 being it's little brother, same software/hardware but with a few options disabled in the software). I was only getting about 5hrs of use with the phone, five hours ! I'd make a 5 minute call, mess around with the menu for about 10 minutes, send/recieve maybe 4-5 messages and the phone would last no more than 5 hours on a fully charged battery. Motorola ensured me that it was a software configurable issue and they hoped to raise the standy-by time to 14 hours. Wow. Fourteen whole hours, that's sounds great :) But here I go again, I'm sure they'll have it sorted before it's released.

Operating the phone can be really slow, which made it incredibly frustrating to use at times. Just little things which got under my skin through general use. For instance, I hate Motorola texting for a start, it annoys every bone in my body, no, it actually hurts me to use it, both physically & mentally. I can't stress that point enough. The earpiece speaker is like most Motorola phones, it's so powerful that you can actually feel the air blowing form the earpiece into your ear, it really tickles the ear, quite uncomfortable.

I'm quite fussy though when it comes to phones, so maybe I'm giving Motorola the short end of the stick. That aside, the V600 won't be selling in Ireland on the Vodafone network, however it's little brother, which I mentioned above, should be on it's way for the Christmas market.

Originally posted by DubWireless
    hmm - T68i vs S55 sure the Siemens get's it - but the T610 would definately come in first for me in that competition - better screen / better accessories / better UI and software system...
    You're an Ericsson man, I can respect that :p

Yeah, the S55's screen hasn't got much going for it. It's as if the Siemen's engineers said, "hey Heinrich, for the new colour phone, let's make the screen with only 10 pixels!". That aside, I'd say it's got just as much going for it as the T610 does. I'm not up to speed on the Ericsson accessories side of things so I'll have to plead ignorance :) I would easily prefer the S55 UI to the T610, personal preference I suppose. Always found the T610 to be a bit slow for my liking. Not sure what you mean by the software system, but if you're referring to the PC s/w then I'll have to plead ignorance again ;)

You mentioned the T68i above, lovely phone. It's only STG£125 on expansys, I'd buy it if I wasn't married to my 7650 :D

Advertisement