Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby T.D.s

Options
  • 03-10-2003 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

I tuned into the Last Word yesterday - they had a phone link to a T.D. (can't remember which one, but he was FG) who, along with 7 other T.D.s (4 FG , 4 FF in total), is currently playing a parlimentary rugby tournament in Austrailia (as a build up to the real thing). Bearing in mind that the Dail has been in recess for 15 weeks, these elected T.D.s will miss 2 further weeks (6 day sittings), while out on this jolly. He was clearly uneasy during the interview, especially asked that in light of FGs Benchmarking policy, how is this value for money from the T.D.s in question.
    Seems a bit odd to me.

On a lighter note, apparently we beat England in the last round and are due to play the All Blacks next - a few by-elections in the near future me thinks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'd imagine we should have a big advantage in scrums. Mary Harney would have been a great weapon though. I'm surprised she was overlooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by Imposter
    I'd imagine we should have a big advantage in scrums. Mary Harney would have been a great weapon though. I'm surprised she was overlooked.

You're not calling our esteemed Tanaiste a hooker, are you?

The mind boggles.

Advertisement