Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Commanders on BBC2

• 03-10-2003 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Did anyone see this last night on BBC2? It was a game show of some type where ordinary punters take the role of famous generals and control armies in battle, interestingly it seemed to be useing ROME TOTAL WAR as the in game engine to show the battle unfold.. I didn't think it was even out yet!! Anyway looks good (the game not the show..) it was painfull viewing at times, use the hill damnit the hill!!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I watched it last week and the game looked good but the show was a joke, the presenter is such a fookin gimp.it's all about the hills.

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good idea for tv show but dont like the way the general dude has to give orders.

Afaik its a special engine made by the game dev team specificaly for BBC.
    Whether it becomes a game i dunno.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Well the creative asembly is given a credit for the engine so it must be the rome total war engine-Looks quite good the show is a pile of piss however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Looked good although the screen characters seemed to slip about a bit unaturally.

I've only played the original Total War but I thought the contestants could have done with a bit more training. They seemed very timid in their allocation of force.

• Advertisement
Advertisement