Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good and bad "own brand foods"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Tesco's Digestive Chocolate Bars are the business. Great for a dunk in the brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

lidl bran flakes are nicer than kellogs, breakfast club i think they are called.
    also the tenesee cookies are lovley and the juice cartons are very good value, and nice and refreshing, small blue cartons of orange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

lidl bran flakes, breakfast club are nicer than kellogs
    also the cookies, lemonade, clear and yellow and small cartons of orange juice, are on par, or better than the other brands :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Dunnes Stores "Fruit and Fibre" cereal is way nicer than the branded stuff.

Tescos cheap 24 crate of stumpy beers are disgusting, but the Dunnes equivalent isn't half bad.

Supervalu's own brand pure orange juice is both cheap and excellent.

Tesco brand "Longlife" triple A batteries are absolultely crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

you can't beat Marks & Sparks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Try Aldi's Choc Chip biscuits ...lovely (parkside or something ...black & silver packaging) Nicest I've tasted and good value at 99c

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

mick_irl wrote:
    The Jalfrezi sauce in a jar is amazing, best when simmered for almost an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Tesco finest yogurts (strawberry, lemon, rhubarb & raspberry): yummyy & 4 for €2
    Tha vanilla's great too, as is the orange (with bits!).

The rhubarb is fantastic (I'm not a rhubarb fan as a rule unless it's in a pie but tried it for the first time lately and was well impressed). They're all worth a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mick_irl wrote:
    Pricey but good. They have freshly squeezed pineapple juice which is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

mick_irl wrote:

To me, M&S defeats the whole purpose of "own brand food" ie it's more expensive than most branded food in other supermarkets... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement