Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy scrap motorbike?

Options
  • 03-10-2003 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right, in my neverending curiosity, I really fancy taking my bike apart to figure why it does what, and when it goes wrong, to be able to say "that sounds like X has broken".

But I need my bike. I can't leave it in the garage in pieces at the of the day. Plus there are seals are doodads which must be replaced, once removed, and I can't afford that.

So I'm looking for a similar machine to tear to pieces, inspect its guts and attempt to reassemble. Well, actually just an engine, cos that's the cryptic part of the machine, but a pair of forks to rip apart would be nice too.

Anyone know where I could go looking for such merchandise?

Or anybody have or know of an old 125/250 suzuki that's rusting away in someone's garage?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

City Spares in Francis street might be a start. Lots of wrecks in their yard ;)

Also try Buy and Sell. I've seen bikes advertised there as "suitable for spares"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

As a general scrapyard, I have found Traynors of Moy in County Tyrone to be very helpful. They seem to have a quite extensive stock and a computerised inventory.
    They deliver weekly to various locations around Dublin.
    Tel: 048 3889 1242 from the Republic or 028 3889 1242 from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You could try the breakers in Gorey as well, I think they're in the yellow pages.

Advertisement