Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outcast

Options
  • 30-06-1999 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

anyone seen or heard anything about this game at all?
    i got a promo cd from eb the other day with a movie of the game on it and i have to say it looks bloody groovey.
    1st and 3rd person views. plays a bit like quake. big landscapes like tribes. graphics of unreal. its also an adventure with interactions and great big bloody dinosaur type thingies to blow away.

sounds strange.
    just wondering has anyone played it or have it and is it/does it look work buying, coz i need a new game smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh, and by the way
    www.outcast-game.com.
    but only look at the shockwave stuff if you have a fast download. it takes ages. mind you, its bloody worth it smile.gif
    webmasters take note smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmm...voxel graphics, :/

played it at vagga's lanparty and tbh its not that great. Gets kind of tedious after a while. Although the effects when your swimming through water look pretty nice.

Get AvP instead smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

OUtcast: The Shinji Factsheet

Outcast. 5 years in development. Hence, it was started when there were no 3d gfx cards, and they thought it'd be clever to write a gorgeous game in software. Result - 5 years down the line, a very good looking game that completely ignores your flash graphics card and instead wants a base spec of a P300 and 128Mb RAM. Doh!

Outcast. A first person shooter with very little shooting. Instead you solve boring puzzles (I have nothing against puzzles but these ARE boring) and talk to people. Yawn.

Outcast. A game which thinks it's clever to make you LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE in order to progress. Yes, you have to learn the language that the natives speak in order to play properly. Deary deary me.

Outcast. A slow, boring, but very pretty, piece of utter, utter crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ffs Shinji, get off the fence and tell us what you really think of it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

well i dunno smile.gif

I hear all thoses guys in D-K have really small d*cks
    Dest][ne Owns U!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hush Castor my child.

You have no idea how difficult it was to write that post without sayinf "FUKING SH1TE!" at least 14 million times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Noir

I bought the game, and after installing & uninstalling it 3 times on my computer, it still crashes it every time I try to load up the game! So yes, it is ****, in that it won't run on my computer. Specs:
    CPU - Celeron 400Mhz
    32MB RAM
    Everything else checks out, except for my video card, because I don't know if it's a 2MB card (min. req.) or what, but my computer is only a few months old, so it must be at least 2MB.
    It's probably the game itself.

Advertisement