Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chaos, reach up towards your shirt collar and GET A GRIP.

Options
  • 01-07-1999 9:35pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Look its your web site and frankly you do with it what you please but this is a team I spent a long time building and I dont like you trying to break it apart because you arent on it.

Chaos writes:
    Em i'd like to say that recently Von has "disagreed" with my views and well TUFF. I say what i want and i can GUARANTEE you im not the only one who thinks the same about it, even a certain IRC op thinks the same ah well known op too. Just that no one will say it, but here is where it will be said. Its nothing personal and it makes no difference to me at the end of the day whether or not you read it.

YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING THERE!!
    "Just that no one will say it, but here is where it will be said." Say WHAT? If you want to say something spit it out for gods sake man....
    A certain person yet again has told me that Lorcan is crap! Let me just say he's twice as good as you. He all so has said that no one on the team.ie panel will play if lorcan plays. How many people know that? I bet the other team.ie players don't even know that!

Lorcan hasnt yet even told me if he can go. I'm holding a place in 2 v 2 open for him in case he can. He's not what I would consider a good teamplayer. When I played with him in opposition he was quad and pent and never opened his mouth once to alert me that now would be a good time to attack the water area. We are playing people who will rip us apart if we cant communicate. Lorcan is far too used to carrying the whole team himself. Great player, crap comms. Thats why I want him on a 2 v 2 team cos he would rock there (provided we can wire his brainwaves to a VDU so we can see what he's thinking).

As for Team.ie not playing with him. I doubt thats true. Lorcans an amiable bloke.
    As for Von being good enough to play or not, well I asked a number of top players for their choice of team after practise both times and Vons name featured in just about all of them. Watch beast and von play together, they are solid. We have enough aim-ninjas with Ser and Koopa, we need someone who will do a ****ing job and not leave because their score is low.

If you and Von want to have some sort of time-of-the-month hissy fit with each other then find a quiet corner and scratch each others eyes out. But *dont* drag Team.ie into this.

I make the team selections at the moment, if you have a problem with them address it to me.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Shouldn't this be in an e-mail Dev?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Whats public, stays public with me,
    Whats private stays private.

I was annoyed when I wrote that but I'm not editing that even tho I have talked to Chaos about it. I own my own words smile.gif

DeV.

Dum de dum..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Same here smile.gif

http://surf.to/ScarletRage
    DK 0wns U

Do de da

• Advertisement

Ah ffs, there's something wrong with IE5, bah sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Chaos is free to say what he wants on his page!

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Just to take the **** smile.gif

I hear all thoses guys in D-K have really small d*cks
    Dest][ne Owns U!

original smile.gif

DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

so chaos,
    what exactly would YOUR "dream team" be?????

Top six at the mo would have to be

Ser, Beast, Von, Koopa, Bunny, Tomb.

Go pick a team from that, base it on experience and not only skill.

now say u leave Koopa out of that lot, since he will be doing mainly duels.

Tomb may be a bit rusty so lets leave him aside for the mo. (no offence Tom)

That leaves Ser, Beast, Von, and Bunny.

If you think, that there is someone who should replace any of those players..... please enlighten us.

Jay of Clan SCOBE
    Om Nyom!

• Advertisement

Ol is alot better, Daa stomps(whether u like it or not, hes just an annoying git at times smile.gif ) and i sitll think lorc is good.

I'd rank them Daa,lorc and Ol

And yeh your right theres not much too choose from.

DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Death should be on dammit. He "beat" Koopa didn't he? So he's better.

Well that really shows us how much you know.

You see I have played along side Daa and OL, and duelled against them both on many occasions.
    To put Daa ranked ahead of OL really shows that you don't know much.

Daa has LETHAL aim, but he doesn't know what to do, thats just lack of experience.
    OL has both aim AND experience. Him being a bit rusty at the moment, and on a new mouse, he still walked on Daa lastnight.
    Lorcan is as skilled as OL, but he doesn't communicate well as Tom said.
    If you are sitting beside someone in a war, you need them to speak, not press a key.

Anyway, since u reckon one of these players is "better"..... who on the current team do you replace???

I think you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole...... but the hole is only getting deeper.

Your web page, just like to say that perhaps you should try to write your comments from an unprejudiced third person perspective, rather than the current, I I I. Perhaps People will like it then.

G'luck.

Jay of Clan SCOBE
    Om Nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Naah keep it like that Chaos... Just like the WWF needed Sargeant Slaughter, we also need a loud fool we can make fun of...

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Just cause I`m bored like...

from your weby chaos,

"he's ****e at playing in a team"

thats what von said, not that he was ****e, just in a team, as is what tom said as well.

as to Daa being good, pah, if he was so good he'd "OWN" the servers, he doesn`t..

plus you never did beat me on dm6 tongue.gif..

Ro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jojo

quote :
    Daa has LETHAL aim, but he doesn't know what to do, thats just lack of experience.
    OL has both aim AND experience. Him being a bit rusty at the moment, and on a new mouse, he still walked on Daa lastnight.

Jay, I cant remember anyone walking on me recently. If you were referring to our duel, where I got kicked 3 times, the score was 6 6. Jay don't spout ****e my good man.

Thanks for your words regi smile.gif

As for jay i didnt dig any hole, you guys just wanna put me in it cause i write about what i think. Who said people dont like my page. I think you wil find that a group of people dont like my page mainly the people involved with team.ie. i wouldnt go by too much about net play when davey has a 80 - 90 ping.
    We will see what happens at QPII wont we, dk will play all. And on our on puters.

And Von
    "Death should be on dammit. He "beat" Koopa didn't he? So he's
    better."

They played Ca and stop trying too twist things, death 0wns at ca and hes on the ca team so try again tongue.gif

underworld.fortunecity.com/nintendo/957/
    DK 0wns U

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 02-07-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Seriously though, I think if you want to improve your readership numbers, you should maybe loose a little of the indignant self-righteousness, outrageous self-pity and 'look-at-me-I'm-brilliant-pick-me' style of prose. But then, I was never any good at English.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

No Chaos i think he is right sure my mad teamplay skillz are a sight to be hold.

Death Looses Another Friend
    Death: **** Off Out Of My Way !

And another classic situation would be.

Death Becomes Bored With Life x1000
    Death: Why Do I Keep Dying When I RJ like A Monkey On Speed??

Really regi where the fu(k are you reading this?

In case you had'nt noticed its my page and its about me and my opions. Just dont read it i dont really care what you think or anyone else. Your last point is just sh!te NNNngggggg.

OK i'll change the page how about I think team.ie is the best team in ire!!!!! yay were happy happy people. We all agree YAY!!
    o wait i would be lieing, sure i'll have to do it too keep you happy wont i?

http://underworld.fortunecity.com/nintendo/957/
    DK 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

"CD-MassiveEgo" eh? Anyone will tell you that we didn't have ego's, we were simply massively self confident...

But back the point...erm...what was the point?

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Picking a team for anything is always hard. It's easier to pick for duels as it's more obvious who kicks ar$e. The dynamics in a team are more .. complex .. don't envy dev trying to pick a team.

I guess chaos is talking about von's place on the team. I can only talk about von a few months ago but he was always the first to admit that he hasn't the natural uberskillz of a beast or a ser. He sure knows his stuff about wars though - tons of experience and late nights studying the game behind him.

I'd say ol is about on a par with him for experience and at least his equal for skilz (maybe even has a bit better aim?). It would be nice to have an old nD representative on the team. It'd then be a ct/nd/cw/dk team which would represent most of the old irish quakeshools well. nD are good supporters of the irish team and it'd be cool to see one of their guys making the 1st team for scotlan (likewise it'd be cool to have inc-mickah aboard .. savage player).

However it goes though - von and ol are prolly about the same level at this stage and the team won't suffer much either way. Lorcan and daa are prolly amazing players but I've never even seen a demo so I can't comment. Lorcan was always uber though. And whatever happened to slaan? He's unreal at wars. Chaos is very good too, though he's prolly ruled himself out by questioning the establishment smile.gif

I think chaos is dead right to post controversial opinions on his webpage. It's good for a laugh. Better reading than unemotional fact reporting anyhow.

edit: Karl by cd-massiveego he was referring to chaos not the clan as a unit. John comes across as coccky until you get to know him when you find out he's really a nice guy who just can't write english for sh!t.

[This message has been edited by earthworm_jim (edited 02-07-99).]

Okay, Daa.

I think you have gotten me wrong. I know, from playing with you, that you have mad ninja skillz, but u have to admit that you don't have the experience....YET.

Who knows, maybe given the chance you could prove me wrong.

By the way, how many of ye know about the Qizmo Highest weapon choice thingy.
    It makes weapon changing so much faster.
    rather than preselecting the weapon, bind each key to fire that particular weapon.
    The only thing is, you kinda need a mouse with more buttons. It also takes a lot of getting used to .....tits :/

Jay of Clan SCOBE
    Om Nyom!

oh dear, I kinda phrased that "playing with you" bit badly.
    Fvckin Take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Look, we won't be playing any mickey mouse wars over in Rapture like we do here....the opposition will be DIRTY, dirty aim and extremely dirty war experience...we need all the nazi's we can get...so Von's in. By the looks of it though, we might aswell just play DN and have it over with.

you wont be allowed that quizmo wepon thing at rapture, i think.
    better not get fond of it

http://underworld.fortunecity.com/nintendo/957/
    DK 0wns U

wah, all the team uk lads use it.....
    Is there a list of rules up somewhere, anyone got the URL?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I think I sould be on the team because I have vast amounts of experience and am better than anyone on that list.

or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jojo

Jay, np's.
    But as for my 'experience', HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE CAN SOME1 HAVE AT QUAKE!!! It's only been out the best part of 2 and half years smile.gif Anyways, I wasn't even considering myself to be on the team! I think Chaos did that for me, although very nice of him I don't think I am quite as solid teamplay wise as some of the more 'experienced' quake players on the team. G'luck lads, hope ye wallop ass over at Rapture
    Davey Hayer, from Countay Clayer - good quake player, dee kay mentor and physical trainer,aikido masta', all-round nice lad, loved by all and all he loves....
    is himself!

• Advertisement

I agree with Regi.Leave Chaos alone.Its cool
    that we have an Eamon Dumphy of quake tongue.gif

Advertisement