Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource will only do DSL for business

Options
  • 03-10-2003 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just got off the phone with Nichola in sales. Netsource will only sell their dsl service to registered companies or sole traders now.

Management have decided that they will not sell to residential customers anymore.

Guess they're sick of gamers.

So UTV or IOL now it seems.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Fine, just tell them that you are a sole trader. It just means you will have to pay quarterly rather then monthly.

Just tell them that you are some sort of consultant who has a home office and telecommutes sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Consumer rights must be gettin to them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

And existing customers?
    I am a happy customer, do i have to move to eircom or esat once the next two months are up ?

Certainly hope not. :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I guess it had to happen eventually but I doubt they will tell their current residential customers to go somewhere else.

I certainly hope so, have never had any need to call their tech support line, in fact have had no contact with them bar the monthly statement, and long may it continue.

While some people have perhaps had "experiences" with netsource, i dont think this is in the main any different from any other company reselling eircoms boradband offerings.

Personally , for me the best customer service is none, in the sense that i dont need to call it, and i havent yet.

Please netsource keep on your existing customers!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Serves me right for speaking up on their behalf :(( , seems i'm being throttled, everything running at modem speed atm :(

Oh well, i suppose from their perspective, another problem solved, they are about to loose another customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

*Sigh* It's really disheartening to the cause to see Netsource throw away perfectly good customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Does anyone else find Netsource never reply to emails? Monday 2 weeks ago I sent them an email asking if I could download the latest Redhat linux distro to which I never got a reply. Fair enough maybe they were too busy. So I sent it again the next monday still nothing except that automated response thing. Sent it again on wednesday... still nothing. Going to send it again this monday and see before ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Download away man. But, no disrespect intended here, why are you asking them if you can download something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Does anyone else find Netsource never reply to emails?

The lovely Nicola - as mentioned in the original post - failed to answer my last two emails to them when they first started offering the service some months back....but then, this is a common irish business practice (that doesnt happen in more progressive places)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Does anyone else find Netsource never reply to emails? Monday 2 weeks ago I sent them an email asking if I could download the latest Redhat linux distro to which I never got a reply.
    Are you really surprised they didn't respond to something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I was asking for fear of getting throttled... again

Advertisement